"Go on, ask." Justin said gently as he searched his eyes. Julia looked at his face and then sighed. "Were you...were you serious when you proposed to me? You haven't mentioned anything about our engagement since then?" She then frowned.

If anything, the King felt offended. He didn't understand why she was doubting him said he were a joke. Surely marriage is a serious thing, and he was serious about her.

"Yes, I was being serious. What has made you think-"
"Then why haven't you told me you love me?" She cut him with another question. This one, she really wanted to know. He's never assured her that he does.

Justin brought up her face by using his index finger. He leaned down a little so they were face to face. "If I did not love you, I would have still not been known as your guest."

Julia looked down, and then back up at his face.

"I could tell you I love you, and I would not mean it. If I mistreat you but tell you I love you, Is that love? Yes I am a man of my word, but I rather show you for you to know how I feel for you." He stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"If I tell you I love you right now, but do something to upset you later, won't you doubt my love?" Justin asked her. Julia swallowed a lump she had in her throat.
"You can doubt words, my love but you cannot doubt actions. Does a man who does not love you, look at you the way I do?" He asked her again.

Julia looked at his chest as she glided her hand up and down it. "You say actions cannot be doubted..." julia started and looked at him.

Justin nodded.

"Then show me." She rested her head on his shoulder.

"If your actions prove more than your words, as you say, then show me." Julia stared into Justin's eyes and her heart started fluttering, "Show me that you love me."

Justin could not believe the words that he was hearing. Julia, his sweet Julia–so bold, so brazen–wanted him to prove his love to her, in a way that Justin knew Julia understood. 'Was this really what she wanted of me?', he thought. 'Was she asking what I think she is asking of me?'. Justin stared down into Julia's eyes for assurance, "Do you know of what you are asking me, Julia?"

"Yes, of course." Julia nodded.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Justin urged gently.

"Yes," Julia stood on her toes and softly kissed Justin on the lips, "I am sure, Justin. I have never been more so in my life." She whispered across his lips, her eyes moving his own to his lips and back. She stood enraptured by his charms and empathy towards her needs. His own assurance lied within knowing that she was completely ok with what would soon happen between them. Justin pulled Julia closer to him and wrapped his arms around her waist, "Know that if I must start, I cannot go back. Again my love, are you sure?"

"Yes, Justin. Do you not love me like you claim you do? Do you not trust your actions to prove so?" Julia wondered worriedly, afraid that the answer she may seek may not be the one she desires. Justin was the first she ever fell in love with. If he rejected her, she would not know how to feel.

Justin stared into her brown eyes. He could see the worry and fear passing through her mind, Justin didn't want her to think that he did not feel any love towards her, that was the complete opposite. "No, my love, that is not what I mean at all." Justin urged, "I just wanted to make sure that this is what you want. I do want to make love to you. I want to show you how much you mean to me."

The Pharaoah's Lover | J.BOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara