Chapter 6: Traitor?

When I woke up in the morning my head was unclear. I saw that my legs were stretched over taking up the whole couch. My legs were in Zach’s lap. Zach was leaning on the arm of the couch; his head was lying on the arm. I pulled my head up and shook my hair. I picked up a pillow from the floor and chucked it at Zach.

“Get up,” I say. Zach jumps up when the pillow makes contact with his face.

“Hey Court… Wait you spent the night?” Zach asks.

“I guess so,” I tell him.

“When do you want to go home?” he asks. I sighed I didn’t want to go home.

“Later,” is all I say. I go to the bathroom and wash my face. I gurgle some mouthwash and comb my hair. I walk out the bathroom and see Zach in the kitchen. He was making eggs for me. How sweet is he? I hurry into the kitchen and sit down in one of the stools by the counter top.

“Do you like orange juice?” he asks.

“Who doesn’t?” I ask laughing,”Wait no pulp, right?” I ask.

“Pulp is gross,” Zach answers. He sets a glass of orange juice in front of me. I watch as he slides a plate of bacon eggs in front of me. I pick up my fork and stab the eggs. I add tons of salt and pepper.

“How do you know it needs salt if you haven’t tasted it?” Zack asks eyeing me. He makes a plate for himself and leaves out the pans for Kelly.

“I just know. Eggs never have enough salt,” I tell him. I liked my eggs really salty. I go to the fridge and pull open the door. I stare until I finally find what I was looking for. I carry the ketchup container back to the counter. I squirt ketchup all over my eggs.

“Ketchup?” Zach asks.

“Yup.” Kelly bounds down the steps happily.

“Hi guys!” Kelly says as she takes a seat next to me.

“Why are you so happy?” Zach asks his sister.

“I met my mate!” she squeals.

“You’re only fifteen!” Zach exclaims.

“I know but he’s seventeen,” Kelly says as she starts to eat her breakfast.

“Who is he?” I ask.

“His name is Jason Bale,” Kelly says.

“I know him. How did you guys meet?” Zach asks.

“This morning Mom and Dad asked me to run errands. I saw him in Rite Aid and he knew I was his mate,” Kelly says dreamily.

“That’s so great!” I gush.

“It is,” Zach agrees. We finish eating and start to clean up. Kelly went back upstairs and Zach and I started washing dishes. I wash and he dries.

“So…” I begin.

“So?” Zach asks.

“Do you have a mate?” I ask him.

“Yes,” Zack answers.

“What’s her name? What does she look like?” I ask excitedly. Zack sighs and goes over to the counter. He picks up his wallet and takes something out of it. When he stands beside me again he hands me a picture.

“Her name is Zoe,” Zach says sighing.  The girl in the picture had dark brown hair. Her bangs were dyed blonde and she had pretty blue eyes.

“She’s really pretty,” I tell Zach. I noticed he looked incredibly sad. “What’s wrong Zachy?” I ask smiling.