Chapter 5: Friends

Courtney’s POV

I hurried back up to my room. Even I couldn’t believe I had done that. It all just seemed so bad ass. I grin to myself.  I adjust my yellow hat. Then I pick up my diary and write up what just happened. I knew that diaries were kind of lame, especially for sixteen year old girls. But I had a lot of free time so what else was I supposed to do? I still had trouble believing the fact that the big player Jayden Stories, had apologized to little old me. I lock up my diary and tuck it away into my purse. I looked up at the ceiling in boredom. I literally had nothing to do. Finally I sighed and decided to visit Mom and Dad. The cemetery wasn’t a long walk. I grabbed my purse and tucked my phone onto my pocket. I hurried down the spiral staircase and into the kitchen. I made my way to the back door and twisted the door open.

“Where are you going, Freak?” Jayden asks me. I don’t even bother to turn around. Instead I just roll my eyes and say, “Out.” Before he could even reply, I hurried outside and slammed the door shut.

“Where could Freak like that go?” I hear Jayden ask.

“Why do you care?” Drew asks. It was beyond obvious that Drew wanted to get back together with Jayden. Jayden kept on ignoring her and seeing other girls, though. I rolled my eyes at Drew’s problems. I shouldn’t worry about her. She hated me! I started to walk away from the pack house. I looked down at my black boots. The wind was gentle and it blew my hair around. I hurried to the cemetery and looked for the only place that was truly a home. I saw my parents’ head stones and I sat beside them.

Alexander Gregory Truscott- Husband, Father, Alpha Male

Forever in our hearts. 

 Monica Adrianne Truscott- Wife, Mother, Alpha Female

Forever in our hearts.

I sighed and leaned against the headstones.

“Mom, Dad? I hope you can hear me. I want you to know that I’m trying. I’m staying tough for you guys. You wouldn’t want me to be weak and to cry every time something goes wrong. I wish you could see how much I’ve grown,” my voice gets whispery. I sigh and hug the cold stones.

“I know that you’re looking down upon me. I know you’re proud of whom I am, but sometimes I feel as if I’m just a waste of space. I wish you were around Mom. I wish you could tell what things were like when you were sixteen. Did you hang out with lots of girls? Did you have a lot of boyfriends? Were you liked? I wish you could answer those questions. I just wish both of you were here,” I finish sadly. I kiss the cold head stones and close my eyes. The wind shifts, blowing my long hair across my face. Then I hear it.  A branch snaps. My eyes fly open and I flinch.

“Who’s there?” I ask. I suddenly felt as if I were in a horror movie.

“It’s just me,” A male voice tells me. A guy appears before me. He was tall with gingery brown hair. He had big brown eyes and cute dimples.

“Zach?” I ask. Zach was the alpha of a neighboring pack. Zach was seventeen and very nice. Sometimes the closest packs got together and discussed problems.  Zach’s pack was called the Scarlet pack. The second closest neighboring pack was the Grayson pack.

“You’re Courtney, right?” Zach asks me.

“Yeah,” I say glancing around, “How much of that did you hear?”

“Enough. I’m sorry about your parents,” Zach says sitting next to me.

“Thanks but don’t be sorry. You didn’t do this to them,” I tell him. Secretly I was pleased. I had never gotten much grief over my parents. Nikki and Erin just always said they died a noble way and to be proud.