Chapter 2: An attack

Lst chapter Recap:

We talked about defense plans if we were to be attacked. The meeting was over then. I went to my room in the pack house and sat on the bed. I sighed and pulled out my diary.

Dear Diary,

I think I just found the perfect way to impress everyone. I’ll go find that rouge I’ll kill him. Everyone will be so proud and maybe start to like me.

I wrote quickly. I put the book away and started to think of an attack plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I walked out my room with a grin on my face. Then I crash into something hard. I rub my forehead and look up. Jayden is glaring down at me with disgust in his eyes.

“Move Freak,” he says. I roll my eyes.

“I’m not a freak,” I state simply. I wasn’t going to let Jayden make me angry.

“Then why is your name Freak?” he asks. I roll my eyes.

“My name isn’t Freak.”

“Really?” he asks sounding honestly surprised. My eyes flashed in anger.

“You stupid jerk! You’re nothing but a player who only cares about how many girls he can shag!” I yell hitting him. A frown appears on his face.

“Watch your mouth Freak!” he yells. I slap him. He glares at me in shock and anger.

“You stupid whore!” he roars. “Everyone hates you! You have no friends! We all want you to DIE!” he yells angrily.

“You arsewhole! You don’t care about any of those girls!” I yell my anger at him pulsing.

“I love Katie!” he yells. I roll my eyes. This Katie must have been his flavor of the week.

“No you don’t as soon as you get her in your bed you’re going to dump her! Because you’re a filthy man whore!”

 “You have no friends and you don’t belong,” he states glaring at me. “Go DIE!” he yells. I raise my hand to slap him again but he reaches out and catches my wrist.

“We all hate you,” he says softly. Then he looks down at his hand. “Ew I touched the Freak. I should wash up.”

“Ew the man whore touched me!” I yell,” I hope I don’t have herpes now!”

“No matter what you call me everyone will always like me. They all hate you,” he says.

“Shut the hell up you walking STD!” I yell. I push him aside as I run out the house. I feel tears prick my eyes. I refused to cry. Especially over someone as stupid as Jayden. I run into the forest and try to stop the tears. I kept running until my human legs gave out. I dropped next to a tree and caught my breath. I was so angry. I wanted to shift. I start undoing the belt on my dress when I hear a noise. My head shoots up. I smell the distinct dirty smell of a rouge. Then I see the gray and white wolf coming towards me. I look at him closely. This was the wolf everyone was after. I had wanted to beat him and prove my strength but now I was too upset. I wiped at the single tear that had fallen. The wolf walks closer to me.

“I don’t want to fight you,” I say. I didn’t know what territory I was on but I didn’t care. This was a rouge so he didn’t have any territory.

“Please I’ll leave,” I say. I see him flick his head at something behind me. My head whips around. I didn’t see anything behind me so I turned back around. A guy in his early twenties appears before me. He was only wearing a pair of jeans. His hair was a light honey brown and he comes over to me. He looks at me and then sits down across from me. I look at him and I will myself not to start crying.

“Hello,” he says studying me.

“Hi,” I say softly.

“I’m Zander,” he says.

“Courtney,” I say.

“Who’s pack are you apart of?” he asks.

“I’m in the Silvermoon pack,” I answer. I see his jaw clench.

“What is it?” I ask.

“The alpha of the Silvermoon pack killed my parents,” he says.

“What? No, not Rio,” I say.

“He was on our territory. My parents attacked he killed them and my sisters,” Zander says sadly.

“I am so sorry but Rio was only protecting himself,” I say. He turns to face me completely.

“I’m sorry,” he says.

“What?” I ask. Before I can even blink I was thrown back against a tree and his hand was around my neck.

“I have to avenge my family and you’re the closest thing to the alpha right now,” he says. He continues, “It really is a shame you’re such a pretty girl.” And with that he tossed me to the ground and shifted. His wolf jumped on me and took out all his hurt over losing his family. His paws scratched my face roughly. I tried to push him off of me but he was too heavy in his wolf form. He bit me on the neck and tossed me into a tree. I let out an angry shriek and shifted. I pounced on him and snapped at his neck. To my surprise he threw me off. He jumped on me and I pushed with all my strength using my paws. He bit my paw and I whimpered. He pushed my head down and bit into my neck. I whimpered and used the mind link. The whole pack shares a mind link. We can use it in human form but it’s much stronger in wolf form. We can’t read each other’s thoughts though.

Please help!

Freak? Molly’s voice fills my head.

Yeah I’m in trouble

  Courtney? Where are you? Rio’s voice asks.

I’m in the middle of the forest. Hurry you’ll smell my blood!

I’m coming! Rio’s voice says. I feel myself start to slip under as he pushes harder on my neck. Then in a sudden burst of strength, I throw him off of me. He files back in surprise. I start pull myself up but he was too fast. He sprang forward and kicked me. I feel my body fly forward and I crash into a tree. The pain explodes in the back of my head and I shift back into human form. I hear my leg break. I curl up in a ball and cover my body. Zander stalks forward and kicks me hard in the ribs. Then I smell them. I smell Rio and Jayden. My rescuers were coming. Zander looks around. I drag my body to my clothes and find a long tee shirt in my purse. I pull that on slowly. The tee shirt was long and went to my knees. Zander kicks me in the face. My head flies back and slams into the tree. I groan in pain and cough up blood. I feel my sides. I definitely had some broken ribs. They were beginning to heal, but too slowly. He scratches my face again. Then Rio and Jayden appear. Rio was a large, sleek black wolf. Jayden was a sandy brown wolf and not much smaller. Rio pounces on Zander and knocks him off of me. I watch them start to fight. Rio gets a bad bite to his wrist. I see the anger heat up and Jayden’s eyes. He jumps onto Zander and bites into his neck. He pushed until he heard a snap. Jayden then pushed the body away in disgust.

“You okay Freak?” he asks me. I can barely raise my head. I let my head hit the ground and I pass out.