Chapter 4: A Weird Girl

I start to think about mates. I couldn’t wait to meet mine. Once we met someone would finally love me. I sighed and thought about that. My seventeenth birthday was coming up. Once I was seventeen, I’d be able to meet him. Seventeen was the mating age. I hoped my mate would be sweet and funny. I would love a guy who could make me laugh. I pull my phone out of my pocket. My phone was a piece crap. I have an old SCP- 2700. It’s pink and flowery but I barely use it. I don’t have any friends to text or call. I only use it to call or text any of the pack members. I picked up my phone and checked it. A text from Nikki asking if I was okay met my eyes. I replied saying I was fine, and then I grabbed my diary. I wrote up what happened and sighed as I read it over. The door my room flew open and slammed against the wall.

“Easy there slammy!” I yell.

“What did you want?” Jayden asks annoyed.

“Nothing from you,” I say.

“You interrupted me so it must have been important.”

“Where’s Katie?” I ask.

“We had a good bang and she left.”

“You are a filthy pig,” I sneer in disgust.

“Just because you can’t get any doesn’t mean I’m a pig,” he says.

“I feel awful for the poor girl who gets stuck as your mate,” I tell him.

“Same to you, the poor guy is going to hate the fact that he has a freak show as a mate.”

“Go bang Katie,” I mumble.

“I will. That’s much better than talking to you,” he says.

“Fine we’ll apologize to each other later in front of Rio,” I state. He rolls his eyes and walks out. I hated that boy more than anything on the planet.

Jayden’s POV

I closed the door and left the freak alone. I wished she would move far away. I went down to the kitchen. Rio, Grace, Leanne, Chris, and Mallory were sitting there.

“Cameron and I will be seventeen tomorrow,” Chris says.

“That’s good,” Leanne says glancing over at me. We had been planning a party together.

“That mean we might find our mates,” Chris sighs.

“That’s awesome!” Grace says. Holly struts into the kitchen.

“Hey guys,” Holl says as she sits down.  Chris gets up to go and we start talking about party plans. I watch the kitchen door and it opens. Freak walks in and stares at us in surprise.

“Hi Courtney,” Grace says.

“How are you feeling?” Rio asks her.

“Fine,” she mumbles. She glares at me as she walks past. I didn’t flinch under her intense glare. I just glared back at her.

“Jay,” Grace says as she nudges me with her elbow. I roll my eyes then I nod at Grace.

“Yo, freak show,” I call. The freak turns around and looks at me.

“What do you want, bastard?” she asks. I roll my eyes.

“Actually I am a very legit child. My parents are legally married to each other,” I state. Then I glare at her,” But you wouldn’t know anything about that,” I say coldly.

“How dare you speak of my parents like that!” she shrieks. I roll my eyes again and ignore her. Apparently she didn’t like being ignored. I turned around but she screamed.

“You small dicked ass whole!” she yells.  I whirl around in anger.

“You stupid bitch!” I yell back.

“I hate you!” she yells shrilly.

“And everyone hates you so it’s a pretty even balance,” I say sarcastically.

“You are an STD on legs,” she says bitterly.

“Do you know why your parents died? They didn’t want to raise a freak show like you.” Hatred fills her eyes and they flash. A glass was in her hand. Her fist clenched around the cup and it shattered.

“Oooh impressive,” I snort sarcastically. She glares at me.

“You think everyone likes you-“she starts to say but I cut her off.

  “I know everyone likes me. But it’s obvious they all hate you.”

“Shut up!”She yells as tears prick her eyes.

“You’re just a screw up,” I declare coldly.

“Jayden that’s enough!” Rio yells. Courtney and I glared at each other for a long moment.

“I’m tired of your bickering,” Rio tells us, “Now I’m not telling you to be friends, but I don’t want you at each others’ throats every ten seconds,” Rio commands. “Am I clear?”Rio asks

“Yes,” I mumble. Rio turns to Courtney.

“Is that clear Courtney?” he asks her. She glares at me and then nods at Rio.

“Good. Now shake on it,” Rio commands.

“Gross,” Freak says at the same time I say “No way!”

“Shake on it,” Rio says, enunciating each word.

“Fine,” I huffed. I held out my hand and Courtney looked at it for a minute. Then she licked her own hand and shook mine.

“Ew,” I exclaim as I wipe my hand on my jeans. Freak smirks at me and turns around, exiting the kitchen.

“That girl had major issues,” Holly says.

“I agree 100 and 1%” I say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's some deep hatred between those two. The song is perfect for a lot of chapters so I'll use it more than once.