MOVIE CHAD

"Okay, I cannot believe you've never seen Harry Potter." Ariel let out a breathy laugh, shaking her head. When Peter shrugged, she let out a sigh. "It's literally the movie of our generation. It's a cult classic!"

"I'm pretty sure they don't classify Harry Potter" Peter sneered the name. "As a cult classic."

Ariel stopped walking, causing Peter to turn around and stare at her. It was cute to him. The small girl was standing with her legs spread, arms crossed and a frown on her face. With her body shrouded in an oversized t shirt emblazoned with animals are better than people, he couldn't find himself intimidated at all.

"You know what, mister?" Ariel shoved a finger in Peters chest. "We are watching Harry Potter tonight. Mhm. That's what's happening."

"But we agreed on Scream." Peter pouted.

"Yeah well that was before you slandered the good name of my childhood crush." Ariel started walking again, leaving Peter to let out a reluctant chuckle and jog to catch up with the blonde.

"Well I guess that means we're going to have to make six more dates to watch them all." Peter sent her a cheeky smile, slipping his hand into hers. Ariel tried to keep up her angry act but found a smile breaking through her facade. She squeezed Peters hand and looked up at him with a soft smile.

"There's gonna be more dates?"

"Oh believe me, Ariel." Peter paused, sweeping her into his arms and looking down at her with a tender grin. "There will be plenty more dates." He leaned in, his breath fanning her face. He smelled like smoke and antiseptic, an odd yet invigorating smell.

"Good." Ariel brushed her lips against his for a fleeting moment before pulling away and sashaying into the movie rental store a few feet away. Peter stood there for a few seconds with an annoyed grimace. So close. He had been so close to kissing his mate. But as he watched Ariel dig through the sale bin and mutter curses at every bad movie she came across, and there were a lot, Peter found himself unable to stay angry.

"Why do you look like Jurassic Park just murdered a puppy?" Ariel looked up to see Peter strolling into the store, a bemused smile on his face.

"It murdered my childhood." She muttered darkly, throwing the DVD back into the depths of the sales bin. "I had nightmares for months after that thing."

"Jurassic Park?" Peter snorted, looking around the abandoned movie store. It was six in the afternoon and the aisles were barren of human activity. "That's what scarred you?"

"Hey, I was nine!" Ariel justified, rolling her eyes. "Now nothing scares me."

Peter smiled, yet there was a hint of mischievousness and something else Ariel couldn't decipher. He crept over to her, placing a hand on either side of her and effectively boxing her in. "Is that so?" His lips were brushing against her temple, sending shivers down her spine.

"No." Ariel breathed shakily.
Everything scared her nowadays. She could barely walk around a corner without expecting the worse. Life was not as innocent as it seemed anymore and Ariel knew that too well now. Peter smiled, apparently satisfied. He pulled away, scanning the store. His eyes located the back room, detecting the electricity of the wiring port.

"I'll be back, I'm just going to use the restroom. Find that dumb movie, yeah?" With one last smirk in her direction, Peter sauntered off into the back of the store.

Ariel let out a happy little sigh before moving towards the fiction section. As she was perusing the movies, a warm hand placed itself on her hip, tugging her back into a body. Expecting to see Peter and to chide him for his forwardness, Ariel turned around.
A man about her height stood behind her, husky with a shock of orange hair and a sleazy smile. "You like Harry Potter, babe? I could show you my magic wand."