Prolouge

And here it begins- the end of her world.

"She's not responding!"

"Vitals are failing!"

"Call me Dr. Hilliard, right now!"

The Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital was in disarray. Nurses and patients the same scattered as a team of EMTs rushed through the glass doors. Between the four men was a stretcher, holding a small blonde. Blood was seeping through makeshift bandages, newly formed bruises scattering her body. A petite brunette nurse pushed through the throngs of people to take a look at the newest patient. Her hard expression broke when she saw the face of the injured girl, sobs beginning to wrack her body.

"NO! NO! MY DAUGHTER!" She screamed, falling to the floor. Hysterics over took her as she started to grasp at the small hand hanging off the stretcher. Her daughters hand was cold yet it felt burning to Melissa.

"Melissa! Melissa!" A group of women in scrubs grabbed the crying mother, pulling her out of the way as a young doctor ran towards the stretcher. Melissa fought at first, struggling to get her her child, but the grief became too much and she curled in on herself.

"Get her to the ICU. Now!" Dr. Hilliard yelled at the EMTs. The girl was wheeled through the halls, a group of nurses hurriedly checking her pulse as the ran to keep up with the stretcher. They pushed into a room with glass walls, lifting the child on to a hospital bed and hurriedly hooking her up to a heart monitor. The doctor stood at the end of the bed, surveying the injuries the small blonde had sustained.

"This is too much. She won't be able to handle." Hilliard turned to the team of nurses who were awaiting her diagnosis. "We're gonna have to put her in a medically induced coma."

~

Kate Argent. The name swum in his head. He heard it all day, a breathy whisper into his ears. When he closed his eyes he could see the orange flames. He could feel them licking up his skin, searing and burning. He could taste the thick smoke invading his lungs. He could hear the screams of his dying family. He was left with the memories haunting him. A man being eaten inside out by this thoughts. Losing his sanity without even moving a finger. A prisoner in his own body.

Then she came. Her presence calmed him. For the first time in a year he could sleep. He could relax. He knew that the stories his sister had once told him were true. He had found who he wanted to be his mate. This would be the girl to become his Luna once he took his rightful power.

But what good was it? He couldn't move, couldn't even feed himself. He couldn't even move his head to look at her, laying in the bed next to him. All he had was her, the thought of a future with the girl who now plagued his thoughts.

He'd heard her parents cries, her brother begging her to come back.

He heard her friends telling her all the gossip she had been missing.

He heard the overjoyed gasp of her mother when she awoke.

He heard her crying at night when it hurt too much to keep it in.

He heard her singing when she brushed her hair.

And he heard her leave.

After a year in the hospital room 109, his mate was leaving. And he couldn't do anything to stop her. But he would find her again. He knew that nothing could keep them apart. Call it what you may, fate, destiny, but he knew his mate would finally be his. Ariel McCall would belong to him.