PETER

The fall morning was beautiful, the leaves turning into a myriad of colors. The sweet smell of autumn wafted through the crisp air and small animals scurried around, getting ready for a story. It was a gorgeous day, one Ariel McCall would love to be spending on a walk or run. Instead she stood slouched against the bonnet of a powder blue jeep, surveying the calamity in front of her.

Police cars and deputies swarmed the burnt Hale house, surrounding the deep hole in the ground with caution tape and forensic workers. Derek Hale was being walked from the house in handcuffs, a deputy in each side and a deep glare on his face. It was directed at three teenagers whom returned with nasty looks of their own.

Ariel, Scott and Stiles were huddled together, watching with what was supposed to be a victorious feeling. Instead they just had the nagging feeling that something was wrong. It didn't seem right, their only other known werewolf being led to a cop car. While they were convinced that he did murder the girl, there was that seed of doubt that had sprouted into a flower of dread.

Derek's gaze caught Ariels as he was forced into the squad car, a blank look on his face. She squirmed, uncomfortable under his stare. He knew something about her, something about her mate. With a long hard look at eachother, she and Stiles made up their minds.

The two of them snuck down past the busy police before sliding into the front seats of the abandoned cop car holding Derek. Ariel was squeezed in between the drivers and passenger seats, one knee wedged painfully between them.

"Agh shit Stiles!" An elbow accidentally banged her in the ribs, causing the blonde to growl at the human.

"Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you. Either of you." Stiles sent Ariel an annoyed glance before turning back to Derek. The werewolf was glaring at him with an intense, low key serial killer look. "Okay, maybe I am, but it doesn't matter... The girl you killed, she was a werewolf. But she was a different, wasn't she? She turned herself into an actual wolf and I know Scott and Ariel can't do that. Is that why you killed her?" He babbled on.

"Why are you so worried about me when your friend is the trouble? When he shifts in the field, what do you think they're gonna do? Keep cheering him on? I can't stop him from playing, but you can. And trust me, you'll want to." Derek snarled at Stiles. The lanky teen was about to respond when he was ripped from the car by sherif Stilinksi. Knowing she had little time, Ariel flared her werewolf eyes at the Hale.

"What the hell do you know about me? Who's my mate? How do I get rid of this? How do I stop this?"

"You don't." The door was flung open and Ariel was yanked out, a hand gripping her bicep.

"What the hell do you think you two are doing here?" Sherif Stilinski yelled at his son and the blonde.

"I'm just trying to help!" Stiles yelled, knowing he had little chance to get out of this.

"Uh huh... And tell me how exactly you came across this." The sherif crossed his arms, staring at the teenagers with thinly veiled rage.

"We were-"

"Looking for Scott inhaler." Stiles cut Ariel off. She let out a sigh and rubbed her face with her hands, knowing exactly where this was going.

"When did he drop it?"

"The other night..." Stiles sighed.

"The night when we found the first part of the body?" Stilinksi questioned on.

"Yes!" His son exclaimed, growing annoyed with the persistent interrogation.

"The night you told me you were alone and Scott and Ariel were at home?"

Wonderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें