Afterlife

Zero's PoV

I had just gotten out of the ambulance and i was now in the hospitable waiting to see dayna because she was curently preparing for surgery . i didn't like how things were going, dayna wasn't in good shape. things weren't meant to go this way, me and dayna were meant to get married and then we were gonna have a precious baby. Just as i was thinking this a nurse came over to me, i know you have been waiting quite some time to see your wife but you can go see her now she said. she's done with surgery already i asked. she's hasn't gone in for surgery yet she said. well why not ? i asked. we recommended you see her before the surgery she said. why? i asked. because you might not see her after she said. you mean she could die i asked. yes i'm afraid so she said. well do you think she'll live i asked. it's a 50% chance she'll live. what about the baby ? i asked panic-ally. the baby is perfectly fine, we extracted her and put her in an incubator  she stated. 

At that moment i left to go see dayna, i needed to see her right now. i entered the room she was in and i have to say the sight was not pretty, the once strong powerful woman i once knew was gone and all that was left was a weak and frail one hooked up to a life support machine.

dayna i shouted her name, she woke up 

dayna - zero your here

did you hear the new dayna, your a mother to a beautiful baby girl 

dayna- i am 

yes 

dayna- that's amazing but i'm afraid i won't get to see her 

what do you mean dayna 

dayna- we both know that i won't survive the operation

don't go saying things like that, of course you will.

dayna- look at me, i'm weak and frail nothing like what i once was 

you'll get your strength back just wait and see 

dayna- take care of her for me 

don't go, i love you

dayna- i have a deep regard for you to

you can't leave, your daughter needs you and i need you. you can't just die. come on you'll survive the operation, and you'll come home and live a happy and fulfilling life come on say it, please.

dayna- i'm sorry zero but i'm not gonna lie to you. when i go into that operation room, they will try and pump blood into me but my body will reject it until finally i loose all the blood in my body and my heart will no longer beat. i will die 

you won't even if i have to die to save you, you'll meet your daughter 

dayna- okay then i'll meet her 

you will

dayna- i give in, i'll survive and meet her  i promise

okay then

i tightly clutch dayna's hand until the nurse takes her away to the operation room. she was in there for hours upon end. a doctor came to get me this time, he said dayna was in the baby's room. i rushed down all the corridors, emotions flushing through me. i couldn't wait to see dayna, i couldn't wait to see the baby and i could wait to start this family.

when i arrived i saw dayna on the bed and the incubator with the baby inside. they looked so peaceful together

Dayna's PoV

i heard zero enter the room so i open my eyes 

zero- so how was the operation 

they didn't tell you