There for me

After our little talks about our life Natalie and I walked back onto our cabin to get settled in more.

"So, what do you think of John?" Natalie asked

"He's nice." I said smiling

"So... You don't have any feelings for him?"

"No other feelings than... like a friend feelings."

"Oh, we all know that's not true. Basically everyone saw the googly-eyes you two were marking at each other."

"We were not!" I yelled

"Were too!" Natalie yelled back

"So what if we were?" I asked

"Nothing, it's just adorable. Young love. You guys meet on the first day of Military Experience. You guys will both become soldiers. You guys will have a soldier wedding and have soldier babys'. Oh it all sounds so romantic." Natalie started nameing more idiotic things, but I just started to pretend that I was interested in what She had to say.

"Okay, slow it down. I haven't even talked to the boy yet and your already planning our future." I looked at Natalie like she was crazy and I'm starting to get a feeling she actually is.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not crazy, I'm just really happy for you." she said smiling like crazy person.

"Your Crazy!" I yelled on the top of my lungs.

"Am Not!" Natalie yelled back, giving me those crazy eyes

"Then stop with the all the crazy talk, and the crazy eyes." I sorta yelled back.

"It's not crazy talk...I'm just..... excited for you that's all, but those were my crazy eyes so.... yeah." Natalie shyly smiling while she explained.

"Okay, but your.... something special." I said while trying to hide my smirk.

"So.. What are we going to do now?" Natalie asked

"Um....." I was about to answer her question when I was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." I said while jogging to the door.

When I opened it I was expecting the General, but instead I found the boy with all the tattoos at the door.

"Um... Hi, Tyler right?" I said nervously

"Sure is sweetheart." he stated coolly

"Um....So what's up?" I shyly smiled

"Oh, Yeah, General wanted me to tell everyone we have to go to some church thing." he said with a bored tone to him.

"Oh... church?" I said with a depressed tone which I didn't mean to come out it just did. I hopped Tyler didn't heat it but her did.

"Yes, church, so be ready in the morning."

"Okay." and with that Tyler finally left

"Who was at the door?" Natalie asked

"Tyler." I said bluntly

"So... What he want?" she asked again.

"Oh... Yeah.... we are going to church in the morning."

"Oh, Okay, I'm going to bed night." She said while hopping into in her bed.

"Night." I climbed into bed as well.

I am having the hardest time sleeping right now. I terrified for tomorrow. I know it's just church but to me that's kinda scary. The last time I have been there was three years ago. At my dad's funeral. I haven't been there since.

Some how I slowly drifted to sleep.

**************************

When I woke up this morning I was shaking with fear.

"You ready to leave." Natalie asked while looking at her reflection in the mirror.

We had to were our uniforms to church so they know who we are, what we do, and that we are fighting for there freedom.

"Yes, but I still don't understand why we have to go to church."

I said looking at Natalie.

"Because it's a tradition for the new soldiers to go to church on their seconds day on camp, so we can get prayers from other people, for us to stay safe. That's why. now stop whining." Natalie explained.

"Okay"

*****************************

We finally arrived at the church and I couldn't be anymore nervous.

We walked in and all eyes were on us.

We walk in the room where you sit down to have mass or something. I'm sorry I could use better words but, like I said I can't remember much about church or what they do.

As the mass started I started to drift off into my own little world. Until I say this huge cross hanging above the alter. The cross had a man on it just hanging there. He had these nails in this hands and feet. I got so confused because I felt like I have seen him before but I can't remember from where. Until it finally hit me, I remember!

*****************************

After mass ended, and we were about to walk out of the church, I stoped when I saw the priest still up at the alter.

I pulled Natalie's hand so she would stop walking and look at me.

"What?" she asked

"I'll be right back I'm going to go talk to him" I said pointing to the priest.

She just nodded and started walk to the car.

I walk up to the priest and he looked at me with a big smile on his face.

"May I help you miss?" he asked kindly

"Um... Yes... can I ask you a question?" I asked nervously

"Of course."

"Well....um... how did he get down from there." I asked while pointing to the cross with the man on it.

"He never got down." the priest answered

"Yes... he did!" I half yelled, the priest looked confused.

"I saw him when my father died. When I was crying, he was there confirming me and telling me that it will be alright. That my dad is safe. That it will all be okay." I said still pointing to the man on the cross

"He was there for me!"