New Awakening

I woke up this morning with JC jumping on my bed and screaming,

"WAKE UP LAZY BUTT WE HAVE TO GET TO SCHOOL!!!" He kept on yelling.

"OKAY I'M UP, NOW GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!" I scream back at him and he quickly got out. good boy.

I went to the bathroom took a quick shower dryed myself of. brushed my teeth, brush my hair and blown dried it. I put it in a high ponytail. I went over to my radio to turn it on to give me something to listen to and all of a sudden ONE DIRECTION came on with Midnight Memories and soon I was dancing a singing in my room like crazy.

Once the song was done I throw on some simple black skinny jeans and a UND Sioux t-shirt. UND is the college I really want to go to and I can only hope they will accept me. The college is in North Dakota by the way if you didn't know already.

Today at school will be very tiering because today is collage excepting day were you can go and sign up for the college and see if they will except me or not. I can only hope.

So I get to school after dropping JC off at the middle school and I walked over to my locker to put my books away before I start heading over to the library and one of my so called friends TJ come over to me all excited. TJ's real name is TyaJean but she wants people to call her, the stupid nick name TJ, I don't get why though I really like her name I think it is unique.

"Rissy are you excited for today? I know I am!" TJ said

I just glared at her for a couple seconds for calling me Rissy she knows how much I hate it so why does she call me that.

"The name is Iris, and yeah TyaJean I guess I am but more nervous then excited." I said, she glared at me for using her real name. payback!

"Yeah I guess I can understand." TJ answered back

I just nodded and started to walk to the library. After I took three steps TJ, CeCe and Rocky. Girls with all stupid nick names. CeCe's real name is Cecilia and Rocky's real name is Rockella.

"HEY RISSY!" CeCe and Rocky both said at the same time with excitement in their voice l.

I just rolled my eyes and said "Hey Cecilia and Rockella!" I said smiling.

"Don't call us that!" Rocky snapped

"Then don't call me Rissy, the name is Iris get it right!" I snapped back at her

"Why won't you let us use that nick name? is it because you don't like it? We can think of a new one if you like?" CeCe said with the quietest voice. she was always the shy one.

"NO! I hate that nick name! I hate ALL the nick names, I like MY name! my REAL name!" I said/yelled at her. I felt kinda bad after I yelled at her she never does.anything wrong she just fallows TJ and Rocky.

"Okay okay just calm down Ris" I cut TJ off with a glare before she could finish her sentence. "I mean Iris, just calm down a little, okay?"

Rocky was looking at me with a smug of a smile or like a evil smile on her face. Me and Rocky never got along.

I sighed "Ah... fine." I grumbled

"Perfect, now let's get going to the library!" TJ said all exited her and the other girls stated to walk in front of me. I saw them talking kinda quite in each others ears so I picked up my slow pace to get closer to them so I could hear. I got closer and I got mad at what I herd.

"I don't get it why she such a snob all the time?" TJ asked

"She thinks she is better then everybody that's why, her family is rich, all the Boys love her. That's why she doesn't want to have a nick name because she thinks she is way to cool or something, that's okay anyways I don't like her never will." Rocky said smiling at the end.

"I feel bad for her tho, her father died in Afghanistan and everything." CeCe said, she was always my favorite so shy and sweet.

"HA, if I was her father I would love to die to in Afghanistan just to get away from her!" Rocky said smiling again, Goss I hate her smile.

"Totally agree with you" TJ said

By that last sentence I had enough and walked up to them I decided to play it cool before I snap at them well every one but CeCe she nothing wrong I think.

"Hey guys, so what to doing after school?" I asked friendly

"Me and TJ are going to the mall because I need some makeup and TJ needs shoes and stuff." Rocky said

"Cool! Rocky I think you should get a lot of makeup tho." I said smiling at her.

"Why a lot?" she asked

"So you can eat some of it!" I said still smiling

"Eww and why would I eat makeup?" she asked with a disgusted look on her face

"Well I was just thinking since makeup makes people look beautiful on the out side it could make you beautiful on the inside as well" I said smiling, CeCe bursted out laughing and TJ looked shocked and Rocky was as red as a tomato, she was so mad.

"Hasn't anybody ever told you to not to hold that face for so long it could freez that way." I said calmly to Rocky she had her mad face on. Haha I got her good!

"And for you TJ" I said evily, she gave me a bad look, " I was just going to give you a a disgusting look but I guess you already have one." I said smiling, CeCe laughed again, so now Rocky and TJ both are super mad at me! PERFECT!!!!

I looked over to CeCe and she was still laughing.

"And for you CeCe," I paused so see that she stoped laughing and started to look scared. "Stay beautiful!" I said to her a winked and smiled. she just smiled back, and with that I walk into the library doors.

I looked around and found the UND sigh up booth I was starting to walk towards it when I saw this one booth that caught my eye. it was the army or navy sigh up sheet to sigh up for navy or the army, for some reason I started to think about my dad and then the next thing a knew I was walking towards the booth and looked at the paper. Then a man came up to me wearing one of the uniforms my dad used to wear. Then the man started talking.

"Hey kid the UND booth is over there!" he said pointing at the UND booth. I started wondering why was he showing my where the booth was then I looked down and saw I was wearing my UND t-shirt, he must of thought I was going to sign up for that.

I looked up at him and said something I never thought I would ever say in my life time. "I'm not interested in that booth I'm interested in this one, I-I" I started to stutter "I would like to sign up for this please."

"Oh well, I'm General Larenzo and you are Miss?" he looked at me. I swallowed a lump that I didn't even know was their.

"Iris Lagato, General" I said standing up straight.

"Well Miss. Lagato do you know what you want to do army or navy?" he asked

For a couple seconds I thought of my dad he was in the army but in the navy there is way more woman then in the army.

After I was done thinking I looked up at him and said

"I would like to join the army." he looked shocked at first but then he asked me

Are you sure miss? the army goes into battles and the navy stays on ships and stays on camps, when the army goes around the world goes in to battles and walk to fights, so are you sure Miss. Lagato?" he asked me straight in the eye and I looked right back at him and said something that gave me a new awakening.

"I'm Positive."