Chapter 10

"I think that's the last of it." Jace said, setting a box down on the floor.

Tessa looked at her new room in the sorority house. She had just finished moving all of her stuff into the house, and was exhausted.

"Thank you for helping me." She smiled at him.

They both walked out of her room, and down the large staircase.

"No problem." Jace said. "You're not going to unpack?"

She waved her hand, tiredly. "I will soon. I just need to get a drink. I'm exhausted."

When they reached the living room, Clary, Cecily, Isabelle and a few other girls were sat around the large couches. A few of the girls heads turned to stare at Jace, and Tessa chuckled under her breath. She couldn't blame them, Jace was very attractive.

"Are you finished unpacking?" Isabelle asked.

Tessa shook her head. "I'm just going to get a glass of water."

"Oh, we're having a party on Friday night, by the way." Cecile piped up.

Great, Tessa thought. She planted a smile on her face. "Okay."

She then walked away from them, and into the huge kitchen. She grabbed a tall glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. She looked around as she drank - the mansion really was gorgeous. It was designed articulately and beautifully, much much better than her dorm. After she had finished, she put her glass in the sink, and began the walk up to her room. Tessa walked up all the stairs, and down the hallway. When she walked into her room, she stopped dead in the doorway. Will was laying on her bed, hands behind his head, looking perfect. He was dressed in all black except for a white t-shirt, his shoes still on. He was looking at her with amusement.

"You know," He started, smirking. "I was quite offended that you didn't ask me to help you move."

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Tessa demanded, shocked.

"Jace is here, so I came too." Will replied simply.

"Well, Jace isn't in my room so you can leave it and go find him." She glared, and crossed her arms. "How did you even know this was my room?"

"It screamed 'I'm a princess who never breaks the rules' when I walked in, so I just figured." Will smirked dangerously.

"You're an asshole." Tessa glared fiercely.

Suddenly, Will was now standing in front of her, quite close.

"Aw, I'm just joking, Tess." He whispered, smirking even wider.

She stared at him for a moment, and then pushed past him and towards the pile of boxes. As she opened one, he went back to lay down on her bed. Tessa looked inside the box to see that it was filled with all of her books. She pulled them out, Will immediately grabbed one.

"A Tale of Two Cities" He read aloud. "I hate this book."

"What?" Tessa echoed, putting the books away onto her bookshelf. "How could you possibly hate that book? It's my favourite."

Will scoffed. "What's so good about a book where you have to read about a man never being with the woman he truly loves? It's just depressing."

"It's not only about that." She argued.

"Well most of it is. Sydney has to watch Lucie be with Charles his entire life." Will spoke.

"Life isn't perfect." Was all Tessa said.

"Trust me, I know." She heard Will mumble.

She walked over to him, and plucked the book out of his hand, and put it on the shelf. Before she could move away, Will grabbed her wrist, and she turned to look at him. She could feel his skin burning into hers.

"What?" She questioned.

He looked at her for a moment, amusement dancing in his eyes. "You know, when you look at me your eyes are always filled with annoyance."

"And yours aren't when you look at me?" Tessa raised her eyebrows.

"Are they right now?" Will asked.

No, Tessa thought, they aren't. His blue eyes were bright and wide, making him look so innocent when he was anything but. But there was something else behind his eyes that she could never place when he looked at her like this. She hated this look he sometimes gave her. It made it very hard for her to hate him. God, did she even hate him? She could never figure out how she truly felt about him. Will, on the outside, looked an angel, but on the inside, could be as cruel as the devil. That was the only thing she could be sure of.

"No." Tessa spoke finally.

Then, he was standing again, still holding onto her wrist. How does he move so fast? She thought to herself.

"Do you hate me?" Will spoke suddenly.

"What?" She echoed, taken aback.

He took a step closer to her, his eyes pouring into hers. "Do you hate me?"

Tessa swallowed. "I should."

"But do you?" He said in a low voice, moving even closer to her.

"No." She heard herself say softly.

A faint smirk crossed his face, then. Tessa had to tilt her head up to look at him, since he was quite a bit taller than her.

"Do you hate me?" Tessa breathed.

"You know how I feel about you, Tess." Will murmured.

Heat rose to her cheeks, and she looked away from him. He put his hand underneath her chin, and moved her face to look at him again. Tessa eyes met his, to see that he was looking at her with a look she had never seen before. All of his dry amusement and mockery had been torn, and his eyes looked raw and fresh. Suddenly, she wanted nothing more than to be in his arms and to be touching him. Never in her life had she felt this way before.

"Oh, Will, I didn't know you were here." A shrilly voice cam from the doorway.

They both snapped out of their trances, and Tessa turned around. Tatiana stood in the doorway, grinning widely at Will.

He cleared his throat. "I just got here, I had to tell Tessa something."

"I need to talk to you." Tatiana smirked, twirling her brown hair around her finger. "Come to my room?"

Tessa felt disgust run through her as she realized what Tatiana meant, and surprisingly, she felt the slightest bit of jealousy. She looked back at Will, who was still looking down at her. Now he looked bothered and a bit upset about something.

"I have to go." He spoke quickly.

Before anyone else could say anything, he walked past Tessa and out of the door, disappearing in a second. Tatiana only scowled, and then disappeared from Tessa's doorway. Tessa closed the door behind her and went and sat on her bed, feeling a bit shaky after her encounter with Will. She felt as if something had transpired between them, but she couldn't figure out what. Whatever it was, she had never Will look like before. He is so complicated, she thought.