Chapter 9

"And this would be your room." Isabelle finished.

Tessa followed her into a medium sized bedroom at the sorority house. It was after class Tuesday, and Isabelle had wanted to show her the house. It was huge, and Tessa had to blink a few times when she first saw it. The room held a large bed, a big window, and a desk.

"You can decorate it however you like." Isabelle continued.

"I wouldn't have a roommate?" Tessa questioned.

Isabelle shook her head. "No, I thought I'd give you a room by yourself. Mine, Cecily, and Clary's rooms are all down the hall."

"This is so cool." Tessa smiled. "I'm actually really happy you asked me to join."

Isabelle grinned. "Come on, you should meet some of the other girls."

Tessa followed Isabelle down the grand staircase, and into the large living room, where a bunch of girls sat. She recognized Tatiana, who gave her a small smile.

"Guys, this is Tessa Gray." Isabelle announced.

Then they all started to introduce themselves. There was a tall blonde girl named Jessamine Lovelace, another blonde hair girl named Helen Blackthorn, and a dark skinned girl named Maia Roberts. It was hard for Tessa to remember all the names and faces. Afterwards, the two girls walked out of the mansion.

"Cecily told us to meet her at her house." Isabelle said. "Well, her mother's house."

"She lives nearby?" Tessa asked curiously.

"Yup, it's only a few minute drive." She replied.

They both got into Tessa's car, and Isabelle gave her instructions on how to get to Cecily's house. When they reached it, Tessa parked her car, and walked up to her house. Isabelle didn't even bother knocking - walking right in. Tessa followed her into the house which was very nice, and towards the what she suspected was the living room. Clary and Cecily were sitting on the couches and they immediately smiled.

"Hey." Cecily smiled. "Did you show Tessa the house?"

"Yup." Isabelle replied, her and Tessa taking a seat.

"What did you think, Tessa?" Clary asked.

She smiled. "It was super nice."

Clary was about to say something, when someone walked into the living room. Tessa looked up to see a middle aged woman. She had long black hair and bright blue eyes, and Tessa realized that this must be Cecily's mother. Both Will and Cecily looked just like their mother.

"Hello girls." Their mother smiled.

Her eyes then found Tessa, and she smiled.

"You must be Tessa. Cecily's told me all about you. I'm Linette." She smiled.

"It's nice to meet you." Tessa smiled.

Linette looked as if she were about to say something, when another person walked into the living room. It was Will, and as soon Tessa saw him, she turned red and snapped her head away from him. She still felt very awkward about what had happened when they had last seen each other. He hadn't come to class today, so this was her first time seeing him since their little incident.

"Will, I thought you were with Jace?" Cecily started.

"He had to run an errand." Will replied.

Tessa could just feel his eyes on her, and she resisted the urge to cringe. Linette walked away and into the kitchen, and Tessa felt Will take a seat beside her.

"Tess." She heard the amusement in his voice.

"Will." She replied, looking at the floor.

Everyone started to talk, but Tessa couldn't focus on what they were saying. Every so often Will would brush his arm against hers, and it was doing strange things to her body. She refused to look at him, and tried to be engaged in the conversation.

"Will, can you please go." Cecily spoke suddenly.

"Why?" He demanded.

"Because we're girls and we want to talk about girl things, and you're a boy." Cecily replied.

"Fine, but I need to talk to Tessa first."
Will said.

Tessa closed her eyes and sighed. "Fine."

He stood up, and Tessa gingerly followed him. He lead her a few feet away until they were all out of earshot, and turned to her.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Cold." Will remarked, amused. "I was just wondering why you won't look at me."

At this, she forced herself to look up at him, to see that he was faintly smirking at her.

"Why do you think?" Tessa said. "After you practically tried to seduce me yesterday, I don't really feel like talking or looking at you."

Will began to laugh. "I did not."

"Um, yeah you did." She replied, raising her eyebrows.

"No, I didn't. I only said that I wanted you. I wasn't making you sleep with me." He rolled his eyes.

"Well I'm not going to." Tessa glared. "I don't even like you."

Will stared at her a few seconds. "I think you want to fuck me. And you're just telling yourself that you don't like me."

"Were you not just listening to a word I said?" She spoke.

"Oh I was. I just don't believe it." Will smirked.

"You're so cocky. You know everything doesn't revolve around you." Tessa narrowed her eyes at him.

"But you have to admit most things do." He pointed out.

She sighed and crossed her arms. "I'm not lying to myself, Will."

"You are. If you can't be honest with yourself, then who can you be honest with?" Will's voice was smooth.

Tessa looked away from him, feeling stuck. She wasn't lying to herself, was she? She knew that she didn't like Will, but there was some part of her that wanted him in a strange way. But there was no way she was going to give into that part of herself. But right now, with him standing so close to her, she couldn't help but wonder...

She quickly snapped out of it. "Was that all you needed?"

"Yes, but I can tell it wasn't all you needed." He smirked.

"Oh trust me, it was." Tessa assured him.

"Are you sure?" Will spoke in a low voice, moving closer to her.

"Very." She replied, willing herself not to move away from him.

He only looked at her with an amused glint in his eyes, moving his gaze down to her lips and then up again. Tessa swallowed hard, having a sudden urge to lean and press her lips against his. She knew that was what he was trying to do, and so far, he was doing a great job at it.

"I've got to go." She mumbled.

Without waiting for a reply, Tessa turned on her heel and joined the rest of the girls in the in the living room, feeling thankful that she had gotten away from him.