Chapter 16

Tessa sat in some restaurant that Isabelle had picked, that evening. She was sat in between Cecily and Jem. She had invited him to come, since she wanted him to become better friends with her friends, and because she wanted to distract herself from Will. Speaking of Will, she was seated across from him and was trying her best to not look at him. Every once in awhile she felt his eyes on her.

"What are all of you having?" Clary asked casually.

"The spaghetti." Tessa replied.

"Me too." Will piped up.

"Our frat is having a party Friday." Jace then announced. "You all have to come since we came to yours."

Tessa internally groaned. Another party? She told herself that she couldn't complain. That's what she got for joining a sorority.

"God, don't even talk about that party. All I remember is Will getting into that fight." Cecily glared at her brother. "You better not get into another fight, Will."

Tessa looked across the table at Will, who was already looking at her. She knew he was thinking of the night he had gotten into that fight and had spent the night with her.

"I won't." Was all he said.

Jem leaned over to Tessa. "He got into another fight, didn't he?"

She sighed. "Yup."

He chuckled lightly. "He's tough, I guess."

Tessa didn't reply, only looking back at Will. He was talking to Jace, actually smiling. She tried to save the image in her mind, and couldn't help but smile the slightest bit at seeing him smile. He looked about a million times more attractive when he smiled, which she didn't think was possible.

"Izzy, how's Alec?" Cecily asked curiously. "I miss him."

Tessa had learned that Alec was Isabelle's older brother. He was also gay and dating a boy name Magnus Bane.

"He's good. He's on vacation with Magnus in Los Angeles." Isabelle replied. "How's Ella?"

"She's good, from what she's told me. I think she's going to come visit soon." Cecily said.

"Tell me when she does." Tessa piped up. "I would love to meet her."

"Oh, she would love you, Tessa." Cecily grinned. "You two are alike."

"She looks like just like Cecily and Will, it's kind of scary." Clary said. "Though, she's more like Will."

"Not that she likes to admit it." Will spoke up, smirking.

Tessa chuckled. "I don't think anyone would want to admit being like you."

"Ouch, Tess, that hurt." He grinned, amused.

She laughed and he smirked at her. When Tessa stopped laughing she noticed that everyone was watching them, the girls all smirking. She blushed and quickly looked away from all of them.

"Oh, Tessa, I've got to go." Jem said suddenly. "I just remembered I'm supposed to pick up my best friend from the airport. He's visiting. I'm really sorry."

"Oh, don't worry about it. I'll just a ride back with someone else." Tessa smiled at him.

He flashed her a grin, pecked her on the lips, and then left.