Chapter 4

!- J O K E R'S  P O V-!

  I walked outside with Scarlett. I opened her car door and then got in the driver side. I pulled out of the drive way, if you could even call it that. I pressed my foot to the ground and we took off down the road. I looked over at her. Scarlett wouldn't look at me. Or at least, I hadn't caught her doing it. She was staring out the window.

  I rolled my eyes and looked back at the road. I caught her glance over at me, quickly. It was maybe a second of looking before she turned away, again. I kept my eyes on the road. I wanted to take the backroads. She wouldn't know where we were going if I didn't take main roads.

  She looked over at me, again. She wouldn't look at me when I looked at her, though. She was avoiding eye contact. I swerved. She jumped and glared at me. I smiled and began laughing. She  looked as if she wanted to hit me. As if she wanted to jump out of the car.

  "Don't give me attitude like that. It won't end well, Scarlett." I told her.

  She looked over at me and continued to glare. 

  "Or keep doing it." I mumbled.

  I slammed on the brakes. Scarlett hit her face on the dashboard. she brought her head up. Her nose was bleeding. She had fury in her eyes. She looked at me, her hand on her nose. She struggled to talk.

  "What. The. Fuck." She said, sternly.

  "I told you. But you don't like to listen. Keep the attitude shit and it won't be the last time, Scarlett." I told her.

  "Turn around." She began. "I'm not going anywhere with blood all over my face."

  I made a u-turn back to the mansion. Scarlett continued to hold her nose. When we pulled into the gate, Scarlett got out and ran inside. She left the front door open. Idiot. I opened my car door and walked towards the door. If she was gonna leave it open, I was gonna show her what would happen. I walked inside and slammed the door.

  "J?" I heard her yell.

  I stayed quiet and walked around the house. She was upstairs, in the bathroom. I went to the kitchen and opened the cupboards. I slammed a few of them. One of them broke off the hinges. I heard her walking around upstairs. Maybe she was looking for something to defend herself with. I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, quietly.

  I heard her. In the bedroom. She was moving things. The door was shut. I twisted the handle slightly. She held it on the other end.

  "I don't known who the hell you are but try anything and I'll put you 6 feet under." She threatened.

  "Talk to me like that again, Scarlett. I dare you." I told her.

  She let go of the door and opened it. Her eyes were filled with terror. She looked up at me and it was almost like she was longing for my protection. She ran into my arms and held onto my waist. I wrapped my arms around her. She looked up at me.

  "J, there is somebody in this house." She said.

  "No there isn't." I replied.

  "Yes. There is."

  "No, Scarlett. There really isn't."

  She rolled her eyes.

  "Whatever."

  I let go of her and walked down the stairs. She trailed behind me. I went out the front door and walked out to the car. Scarlett shut the door this time. I got in the driver side and shut the door. Scarlett had a bruised nose bridge and a little bit of dried blood on her face. I pulled out of the gate and drove down the road. This time, we wouldn't have any complications getting where we needed to get. 

_SCarLETT's poV_

  I still didn't know what we were doing. But I've learned not to question J when he's got his mind set on something. I sat in the passenger seat and looked forward. I started seeing vibrant, flashy lights. Vegas? No. Vegas is way out of the way and totally far out from Arkham. It was Gotham. The great Gotham City. Why were we here?

  I sat up a little straighter and looked over at J. He had the look in his eyes. He kept his eyes on the road. I tried to think of what we would be doing in Gotham City. I knew he had plans here but why were we here together?? I looked at all the lights. People were staring at us. They knew.

  They knew who we were. They knew who was in the car. They knew they weren't safe because nobody ever knew The Joker's plans. Ever. If you thought you knew his next move, you were wrong. He was completely unpredictable. Nobody ever knew what he was planning, what he planned, or what he simply did in-between.

 He was so mysterious. And maybe that's why I was drawn to him. Maybe I wanted to be with him because I felt like he needed somebody after Harley died. But that was 3 years ago so why was I all of a sudden trying to be in his life. 

 The first time he kidnapped me, after Harley died, I hated him. He took my life away from me. He took everything I loved. But why now? Why 3 years later? Why after everything we've been through do I care now? After everything he's put me through. Maybe after all his electroshock therapy and pills, it all worked. Maybe it just took time and now it is starting to work.

 Or maybe it just took time for me to see what I needed from him. But everyone, why did he pick me? Wouldn't he want somebody more like Harley. I mean, not the whole committing suicide thing but somebody that liked the danger and adventure. I like that stuff but i could never compare to Harley. Ever. 

 Not with anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anybody read this anymore? i havent updated since christmas wow