Chapter 1

"Oh, I'm not gonna kill ya, I'm just gonna hurt ya. Really, really bad."

  He pressed me against the wall. His hands were around my wrists. His face in mine. He had that look in his eyes. He started to laugh. It was so loud, it filled the entire room.

  "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

  I winced, slightly. He looked at me. He smiled that awful smile of his. I wanted to spit in his face. I loved him but he made me sick. He brought his hands off of my wrists. He stood and stared at me.

  "I am going to give you until the count of 10 to get out of here. And never to come back." he said.

  I stayed where I was. He became frustrated. I could tell.

  "DO YOU THINK IM KIDDING!? GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

  I ran past him to the front door of the mansion. He stepped out of the room when I looked back and ran out the door. I wanted to go back. I wanted to tell him that I wasn't leaving him. That he was stuck with me. That I loved him. But I didn't. I kept running until I was at the great, brass gate.

  I pushed it open and ran. That's all I could do. Tears filled my eyes. I wanted him. I needed him. He completed me. He was everything to me!

  I stopped running. There was no point. I was going no where. I was just becoming out of breath. My sides hurt. My breathing was heavy and short. I stopped moving as a whole. I wiped my eyes. I stood still for a few minutes.

  I began walking up the road. It was pitch black and I couldn't see anything. I grabbed my phone from my pocket. It was dead. I clenched my fist around it. My knuckles were becoming white. Even in the pitch black I could see that. 

  I threw it on the road. It smashed into pieces. I screamed. That's all I could do. I yelled. I screamed until my throat hurt. I finally kneeled down on the road and broke down. The tears were hot against my cheeks. I let it all out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Joker's POV+

  I leaned up against the wall. My forehead was resting against my forearm. She was gone. But I knew she would be back. She always came back. She never left for long. Scarlett was insane for thinking she loved me. You don't love somebody like me. You can't love somebody like me.

  I pushed myself up off the wall and walked up the hallway. I was standing in the main room. I could see up the stairs, in the living room, and in the kitchen. 

  The kitchen where Scarlett's jacket was. She left without her jacket. I just stared at it. It was laid on the counter top. I didn't want to go pick it up or even touch it. 

  I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I opened the door to reveal a worn mattress and a few pillows and blankets. There were a few scattered papers on the floor, but that was pretty much it.  It was a small room with few things because I didn't need much.

  I stood in the doorway for a few seconds and then shut the door. I didn't know what to do. It was quiet. Scarlett wasn't trying to come back yet. Yet. Normally, she was back at my doorstep, begging me to let her back in.

  I decided to go for a little drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------