Chapter 3

^Scarlett's POV^

He grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me off the couch. I stood up. My feet hurt so bad, still. He towered over me. He was so tall compared to me. I was only 5'1". Mr. J was 5'9". He stared at me. I glared back. He smirked slightly. His grip tightened even more and I winced.

He smiled and tightened his grip on my wrist, again. I kicked him in the shin. He bent over, slightly, but still kept his grip on my wrist. He looked back up at me. His eyes were filled with anger. I looked down. I knew I was gonna get yelled at.

"What the hell?!" he began. "Do you think you're doing?!"

I stared down at the ground. He pulled my chin up and stared into my eyes.

"You." He began. "Are way out of line, missy."

He kept his hand under my chin and continued to look down on me.

"C'mon. Where's the fiery Scarlett at? Huh? Where'd she go?" He asked.

"She's hiding." I replied, quietly.

He was breaking me. Not physically, no. But mentally. I was drained. I didn't want to try and fight to get away from him. To show him what I could do. I was broken. He had done it. He had finished me off. I looked back down again.

"Where is she at?" He began. "Where is the Scarlett that is gonna beg me to let her go?"

"I said, she's gone!" I yelled.

I brought my leg up and kicked him in the side. He let go of my wrist and fell to the floor. I dashed outside. I didn't know where to hide but I was going to hide from him. He wasn't going to have me. Not after what happened last night. No.

I didn't know where to go. I stood still for a second and looked around. EMPTY BUILDINGS! I ran for the vacant part of the apartment complex. All the buildings had locked doors but the windows on all the apartments were shitty.

I pulled one of the screens off and pushed open the window. I jumped up and crawled through it. I shut it and ran through the apartment for a place to hide. I went to the bathroom and crawled under the sink. I could barely fit but every other place was too obvious. He would find me immediately, if he found me at all.

I heard the door bust open. He was here. He was looking for me. As if he cared. As if he wanted to find me because he needed me. I stayed still. I tried to refrain from breathing too heavy. The noise would attract him. He could hear anything. I could hear multiple people walking all over the house.

The door opened. Somebody was in here. I stopped breathing. I stayed perfectly still. I was shaking. He was going to find me. He was going to open the cabinet door of the sink and find me there. The bathroom door shut and it got quiet. I listened to see if people were still walking around. If anybody was still in the house.

Then, I heard it. His laugh. His iconic, sick laugh.

"Now, Scarlett, I know you're in there. Are you going to come out?" He asked.

I hesitated and then I pushed the door open. He was standing there. Smiling. Just smiling. I crawled out from underneath the sink and stood up. He looked me up and down. I glared at him. He started walking towards me.

"There's the girl I've been waiting for." He said.

"What do you want?" I asked, disgusted.

"For you, to be my new queen. For you, to rule Gotham City with me." He told me.

I scoffed.

"Are you out of your damn mind?" I questioned.

"Yes." He replied.