Chapter 3: The Green Ribbon

"Severus Snape!" The booming voice of Kingsley Shaklebolt sounded over the hall, and was met with a polite round of applause. Not many had been shown the Wizard's memories. He had given them in the belief that he was to die, so only a very select few had seen them since. And as he stepped up to claim his Order Of Merlin, First Class, there were many in the room that felt he did not deserve such a title. But under the support of Harry Potter, not even the Daily Prophet could touch him. He shook hands with the Minister and walked down to sit back at the table with Miss Granger, Mr Potter, Miss Weasely (Who it had now transpired was soon to be Mrs Potter) and who was entertaining the spirited Teddy Lupin, who she had taken in due to the fact that, even though her Mother was his Godparent, she and her husband had taken a long needed holiday, paid for by Potter, to help in dealing with the loss of Fred.

Snape sat down and placed the black walnut box onto the table, he opened it and smiled at the shining platinum medal that it contained, complete with green velvet ribbon. Miss Granger gave his forearm a small squeeze and he looked to her with a smile.

"Thank you." He whispered to her. Not loud enough for anyone else to hear.

"What for?" She replied in confusion, whilst watching the last few people claim their Orders, Harry of course, being last. As his was most important. 

"I wouldn't have this. I wouldn't be sat here today, at this table if..."

"Professor Snape! You have said that about everything you have done for the past three weeks. Stop thanking me. I am pleased I saved you. And you know the deal."

"Yes yes... I know, I will continue teaching at Hogwarts."

"And?" She prompted, causing the talented Wizard to smile softly.

"And... I will attempt... To be nicer to the students. But only if they are clever." He said hopefully, looking at the Witch who's side he hadn't really left since the war.

"Meh. I can deal with that... Now." She said, turning her chair to face him as Harry headed back and gave Ginny and Teddy both a kiss, and people headed for the dance floor. "There is something I wish to tell you."

"Oh?" He replied curiously.

"I am going to come back to Hogwarts. Ginny is as well. But only for her last year. I want to come and finish Transfiguration, Charms and Potions, but I also want to do some Newt level History of Magic and Alchemy after that. Do you think I could?" She asked hopefully, and had to stop herself from smiling too much when she watched a cheerful grin spread across his face.

"Miss Granger that's brilliant, and besides. I am sure McGonagall​ would do anything to have her favourite student back in the grounds. You shouldn't have a problem."

"Thank you Professor. I am going to head off now, I am exhausted, and need to see The Headmistress in the morning. What will you do?"

"Probably leave also, there will be nothing keeping me here." He replied, not realising fully what he was implying. Luckily, neither did Hermione, Ginny however, was quick to pick out what he meant. But decided to hold her tongue, and instead gave her friend a quick kiss goodbye, and gave a shy wave to her Professor. And watched as they left.

"Cute aren't they?" Harry said to his fiancee as he cradled Teddy in his arms.

"What?" She asked in surprise.

"Hermione and Snape. Not like, relationship kind of wise, not at the moment anyway." He said with a wink. "But he is devoted to her."

"Well, he better be. She didn't have to save his life!" She replied with a smile.

"Yes she did, she's Hermione..." Harry replied, putting the now sleeping Teddy back in his pram and standing up. Ginny laughed at his comment.

"This is true, this is true. But yeah, I see what you mean. Come on, we best be getting back otherwise George would have been on his own for far too long, he needs some company."

"Yeah, come on then." Harry replied as he took her arm in his, gracefully pushing the pram through the tables and out of the door.