Back in the Ring

I thought Theo needed to be back in the ring. I don't want people thinking he's lost his touch. Theo is still an asshole to people and the kids at school are still scared of him. I think we need a little bit of Theo's P.O.V

The cheering in the basement of Turner's was deafening

The cheering in the basement of Turner's was deafening. I hadn't even stepped out into the ring yet and I could hear people chanting my name.

I didn't want to fight like this but now I get a rush out of it. People think of me as the bad guy, as the towns trouble maker. Or at least the son of a dirty bastard. I'll show them a trouble maker, I'll be worse than a trouble maker, I'll be a menace.

It feels euphoric, pounding people to the ground. Me above them, as they bleed beneath me. It sounds harsh but I get a thrill out of it.

If people think of me as a bad person, I better live up to the bad boy persona. I hate to disappoint.

It's easy to live up to people's expectations when they are so low.

I look at the clock on the makeshift locker room. It's more like a small bathroom with a cubby hole. I go out in 10 minutes. I get to feel powerful again.

I grab the cloth and start to wrap my hands. I pause when the door opens and the cheering gets louder and then it dies down when the door closes.

It's as if I can sense her presence. My heart rate increases and my palms get sweaty. I turn to see her smiling face. She is right behind me when I face her. God, I like her so much. I think I even love her. I cant tell her that now, it's too soon.

"Let me," She says and gestures to my hands. I shove them out to her and she starts where I left off. "Nervous?"

I shake my head no, I'm actually excited, "Nah. I do it all the time." She finishes my left hand and starts on my right.

"I bet 50 dollars." I rolled my eyes. She bets on every fight. She has so much faith in me, but I know if I lose she wont be mad at me.

"Odds?"

"3 to 1. The bookie has a lot of trust in you. I heard he bet 1000 on you." She said putting the finishing touches on my right. She brings my hand up to her lips and places a light kiss on the knuckles.

"Yeah. Usually when we have a fighter from far away, we raise the odds of the fighter that's from our home town. I heard that Chad is good though, are you okay?" I notice her go pale. She looked kind of scared.

"What?" I asked.  She shakes her head.

"Nothing." She reassures.

Then she stands on her tip toes and places a kiss on my cheek. I've had enough with the little kisses and pulled her to meet my lips.

I hear the sound of the crowd getting louder as the door opens and Paige pulls away. Dallas is standing in the doorway looking uncomfortable.

"5 minutes." He mutters and walks back out. I feel bad for him. He used to be with Sydney, but they broke up. He is still in love with her and you can tell, well I can. He is really good at hiding his feelings.