French Fry Friday

I really like this chapter. I felt like I needed to update and I needed to do it before I fell into a Malcolm in the Middle hole. I think I've already fallen into it and I need help getting out. 

***

The next few hours went by in a blur. The next thing I knew I was sitting in Economics with Theo on my right and Dylan on my left.  Mr. Michelson was rambling on about some boring subject while I was gazing out the window.

I was thinking about my amazing trip that I had come back from last night. Bora Bora. I wanted to go back so bad.

"Paige." He called out. I snapped my gaze to the teacher and the rest of the class was staring at me. "Do you know the answer?"

Theo cupped his mouth and whispered, "1864."

"1864?" I said unsure of the answer. We were in Economics, not History, but it was too late to go back now.

"A reason for the crashing stock markets is 1864?" The rest of the class broke out in snickers. My face turned beet red and I looked to Theo, mortified. He had a cocky smile on his face. I looked over to Dylan for help and he just laughed at me too.

"No, Paige you're wrong. Kate, how about you?" He called out on another student in the class. I glared at Theo and then slapped his chest, hard. The slap was so hard that it made a sound that was heard by everybody in the class.

Mr. Michelson looked over at me and shook his head. "Detention, now."  I sat there stunned for a second. I was going to detention, again. Roe would kill me if she knew I got detention, so its a good thing she's in a coma. I'm such a bad person for thinking that. 

"Paige, go! I do not put up with violence in my class. Get out." When I stood, Theo also stood too. I gathered my books and made my way out of the class with my head down.

"Theo sit down!" The teacher yelled at Theo but I still heard the door open behind me and then slam closed. I stopped in my tracks to wait for him to catch up with me. I wasn't mad at Theo.

"You're an ass, you know."

"Yes, I know. Total asshole but so are you. That was for this morning". I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. In the shower.

"Oh, yeah. The cold shower." I said and smiled then started to walk to the detention room.

"Is Cole and Dallas in there?"

"Where else would they be?" He said in a duh tone.

"They could be in a class room getting an education so they can make it into a college." I said looking down the hallway.

"Cole is already a straight A student and Dallas's parents are so rich they can put him in whatever college he wants." I rolled my eyes as we came to the detention room. I pulled the door open and walked in.

As usual, they were sitting in the room. Cole was talking aimlessly to Dallas, while Dallas played on his phone. He looked like he was just ignoring Cole but then I saw him nod to what Cole was saying.

They looked up when we sat down behind them. "Hey, guys. What'd you do?" Cole asked.

"I hit Theo. Mr. Michelson doesn't put up with violence in his classroom." I imitated the teacher.

"Why did you hit Theo?" Dallas asked with actual curiosity.

"I gave her a wrong answer because she was day dreaming about me." He said with a smirk. I hit his chest again.

"I will not put up with violence in this classroom." He said in a authoritative tone. I laughed at his seriousness. Soon a grin spread across his face.