I simply nod, switching on my iPad as Chenle resumes his position opposite me. In the time he was gone, I'd extended my legs in order to stretch but hadn't retract them. I go to move them but he simply says "it's fine" lifting them onto his lap and putting his feet alongside me.

I open up the messaging app we use, for once ignoring the messages that have accumulated in my absence and getting straight to the point.

'Guys, I'm really sorry but I won't be able to come shopping with you tomorrow, some things have happened that you'll probably know about soon enough but I'm not in the correct state of mind. I'll be staying with my uncle indefinitely for a while, maybe see you at some point this week but if not before the end of the week(end), see you at school." I write, giving none of the normal emojis. I hand it to Chenle who reads through it and upon him finding no fault, I press send before shutting down the app.

I cannot face their questions.

I flop back, my head on the arm rest and my feet now filling extending along the sofa so that they're virtually up against his chest and, well, you know where. He grabs onto them as I'm about to move them.

"Just leave them there, they're fine and are keeping my lap warm" he tells me.
"Well, as long as you don't mind, I mean they are quite close to..."
"Nah, it's fine. Honestly" he says. It's not like I'm right on top of him anyway since my body is at an angle so our legs only cross in one place.

The soft LED lighting from the hall illuminates the balcony just enough, not over powering us but also giving us some so that we can actually see. It must be getting late as we just sit there, comfortable with each other's presence and mostly in silence just contemplating things.

I know for sure that it's late when Johnny and Kun appear at the other end of the balcony.
"Most of us are going to bed you two since it's nearly 11. Managers Kim, Park and Lee have gone as well. Rae, I hope you feel better in the morning though we all understand it'll take a while but we're all here for you" Johnny says simply.
"Just let us know if you need anything at any point. Good night guys - also, remember that Yukhei, Johnny and Hansol all have windows that look onto the balcony" Kun says with a cheeky wink which is something I never thought I'd see. It causing me to laugh slightly at his pure ridiculousness. "There we go, there's that smile. See you two in the morning and don't go to bed too late or catch a cold." He adds with a smile before they go back inside, shutting the door behind them.

"You're cold" Chenle says abruptly.
"No I'm not" I reply stubbornly.
"Yes you are, you're shivering and have gone a funny grey colour" he smiles sympathetically.
"I don't want to go in though" I complain.
"I could get you a blanket?" He suggests, about to move.
"No, no. It's fine. Stay" I tell him.
"But your cold! I'm getting a blanket!" He says defiantly, not taking no for an answer.
"I feel bad, you're constantly getting things for me tonight!" I call after him though he doesn't reply.

Once again, not two minutes later, he returns with a thick blanket in hand. I must admit, it's probably not the greatest idea to stay out late into the night on a balcony at the end of October. He drapes it over me, ready to resume his previous place on the sofa but when his hand accidentally brushes mine, I feel that he is also freezing.

I scoot right up against the back of the sofa, still not quite lying down but close enough. I pat the spot I've just created, calling for him to sit down. He does so and I throw the other half of the blanket over him, snuggling down into it. I gaze up at the sky, amazed by the beauty of it and how different it looks compared to when in even a small town.

"It's beautiful" I say aloud.
"Yeah" Chenle agrees as I yawn loudly. "You're tired." He states to which I simply hum.
"You're warm" I tell him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"Well, I am a red blooded creature" he jokes, resting his head on top of mine.

And so we stay like that - our bodies closely together, side by side with my head on his shoulder and his on top of my head. I must admit, his shoulder is quite comfortable. We just gaze at the stars and, like so many times tonight, contemplate our own thoughts. Soon enough, it feels as though I'm drifting off but just as I feel my eyes shutting and sleep taking over, I feel Chenle shaking me slightly.

"Come on Rae, you need some sleep and maybe, however cliche this sounds, you'll feel better in the morning" he tells me as he stands, lifting the blanket off of him. I right myself, twisting so that my legs hang over the side of the sofa, as if I were sat normally. Chenle extends his hand to me, offering me a hand up so I accept it, stumbling forward slightly. God my legs are stiff not having been used for near enough four hours.

He quickly and neatly wraps up the blanket, tucking it under his arm before we both walk towards the door. I rush back to pick up my iPod and iPad from the table before walking through the open door. Chenle shuts it behind us, hovering in the hallway.

"Where's your room? I ask him.
"This one" he replies, leaning on the second door along the short corridor.
"Looks like we're gonna be neighbours for some time then" I say with a small smile, referencing the fact I just need to walk a few paces to reach him.
"I guess so" he shrugs, a smile also forming on his face. "Goodnight Rae, sleep well and I hope that you feel better soon"
"Night Lele and yeah, I already feel better thanks to you. Rest well" I tell him, making sure he knows just how much his efforts mean to me.

I gently open my door, looking back at Chenle as I enter to find him studying me. A small flush creeps into my face and I quickly shut it behind me before he can see. The moment I'm inside, after taking a deep breath, I begin my bed time routine. I quickly change into my pjs - a simple pyjama tshirt and shorts - before planting my hair and scrubbing my face with face wipes. Finally, I jump into bed and let the wave of tiredness wash over me.

A/N - ok, so this was a kinda short chapter but the last two have been really emotional (or at least I hope I've written it well enough for it to be like that). I'm sorry for having to kill her parents and I'm gonna miss them too but it makes the plot work and causes some sense. Please don't be mad about it and/or send hate if I've written it in an insensitive way or one that you dislike. Just let me know and I'll see if I can do anything to change it based on your comments since, if you think that, you're probably not the only one. Anyway, as always, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote or comment!

K xxx