7, If It Means Something To You

After their talk, Gerard couldn't sleep knowing what Pete had told him. If Beckett had been resurrected, that meant it was possible for other vampires to return. This was both, good, and bad, news to Gerard. He didn't know what was going to happen when Beckett arrived, and he didn't even know when it would occur. The vampire was scared for himself, his brother, and even Frank. He knew Beckett had a past of luring and recruiting victims by using their loved ones, and, if Mikey was already turned, Frank was now the closest human after his brother. This is so messed up, Gerard thought.

Frank rolled onto his side, facing the vampire and bringing him from his thoughts.

"Are you still awake? Am I stupid and vampires don't actually sleep?" Frank murmured tiredly.

"We do sleep; I'm just thinking about some things," Gerard smiled at his knackered boyfriend.

"What time is it?"

"About three, I think. I'm not really su-"

"Oh fuck that," Frank interrupted. "C'mere." He scooted himself closer to the vampire and curled his body against the taller being's side, exhaling in contentment once he was comfortable. He rested his head on Gerard's chest, and, after a moment, he giggled quietly to himself.

"What's so funny, gorgeous?" The vampire smiled lazily, playing with the short hair at the nape of his boyfriend's neck.

"It took me a second to realise why I couldn't hear your heartbeat..." Frank whispered, slightly embarrassed at his tired mistake.

It was Gerard's turn to giggle now, "You're so precious, Frankie."

"Hey, you can't judge me, I'm like," - a convenient yawn interrupted his speech - "I'm half asleep, here."

"Hm, okay, okay. Go back to sleep now, alright?"

"Only if you do, too," Frank shifted his head to look at the older boy, before nestling his face in the crook of Gerard's neck and leaving a few light kisses here and there.

"I'll try to. Good night, Frankie." Gerard kissed the top of the younger boy's head, neither expecting nor gaining a response, as he'd already fallen back asleep.

○○○

Gerard only got an hour long nap that night, and spent the early morning with a hand wrapped around his boyfriend's wrist resting on his cold chest, feeling the unfamiliar pulse. The pulse he hadn't felt coursing through his own body in what easily seemed like a hundred years. Frank stirred beneath the ebony haired male, letting out a small whine, then pressing his face into the beast's chest before settling back down. Gerard studied each movement, in awe of how the mortal could sleep so soundly, and not yet realising the impact he had made in Frank's life already.

○○○

When Frank had awoke fully, not remembering his sleepy, 3am chat with the vampire, he noticed said beast was missing from his side. The shorter male suddenly felt nauseated, quickly getting out from under the covers and running to the bathroom, proceeding to dry-heave for a good twenty minutes.

Mrs Iero had heard the boy and quickly made her way up the stairs to check on her son. "Oh, Frankie, are you sick?"

Frank could only retort with a groan, "Nngh."

His mother cooed to him, "Oh, honey, go back to bed and I'll bring you some ginger tea-" Frank began to protest, "Don't you dare, mister," she said pointedly. "You will drink the tea, you will enjoy it, and you will feel better by tonight because of it." Mrs Iero lead her son back to his bed, helping him sit down and pulling the covers over him once he had laid back. She began picking up the strayed clothes from his floor before she left, muttering to herself about how messy his room was and how it was disgraceful to bring his friend - let alone his boyfriend - into the room in its current state.

Frank merely rolled his eyes as she left, and more than patiently waited for her to return with the tea he swore made him feel even more sick than he ever did before he drank it.

○○○

Gerard had left the human's not long after the younger male had fallen back asleep. He followed an energetic looking Pete, whom had appeared at Frank's bedroom window, outside and down the street until they had wandered to the old, abandoned library; not as secluded as it sounded, as the new library was placed right next to it. The two vampires climbed to the roof of the old building and continued their conversation as they settled to watch the majority of the sunrise.

"I honestly don't understand what you're saying right now, man." Pete looked over to Gerard, stalling a yawn.

"Sure you do. Look, if we can find out how that bastard was resurrected, if that's even the right term for an undead case, then we can send him back, right?"

"Gee, dude, you're talking crazy talk. There is no way we could do that." 

"Damn it, Pete. Who's side are you on here? Are you gonna help me get rid of that monster once and for all, or would you rather work for him again and have no freedom?"

"Well, I-"

"You said it yourself, Pete; he was the one to kill that man recently. It's his fault we're 'scary' again. I don't get why you're so against killing him now." The raven haired beast said with an aggravated sigh.

Pete finally yawned, making sure the older demon saw and yawned himself, shutting him up in his angry talk, yet this regretfully started an unintentional chain reaction of yawn after yawn, after yawn.