3, I Don't Want To Understand Anyone Else

That Sunday morning began with Frank waking in a cold sweat, panting as he calmed himself down, convincing his mind the terror was not in reality.

"You okay?" A voice came from nowhere, frightening Frank once more as he looked around quickly. "It's me, Frankie," the voice spoke as Gerard emerged from the shadowy corner of Frank's room, raising his eyebrows to press his question again silently.

"Yeah, I'm good now, I think," Frank spoke, almost uncertain at his own words.

"You sure? You were twitching all night. I wanted to wake you up at one point, but I thought you'd be mad at me being here." The vampire rambled on.

"And you didn't think I'd be mad in the morning?" Frank asked, emitting a breathy laugh at the pale boy's logic.

"Not really; more so you couldn't kick me out into the rain," Gerard smiled almost smugly as Frank turned his attention to the window, noticing drops of water due to the rain the prior night.

"Fair enough, I suppose," Frank stretched out his arms before removing the sheets from his body and proceeding to his closet and picking out some clothes.

"You're really cute when you're sleeping, you know that? Not when you're having a nightmare, of course, but when you're peaceful..." Frank could have sworn Gerard was blushing as he said that.

"Am I not always cute?" Frank asked with a grin, mockingly flicking his fringe from his face.

"Of course you are," the vampire stuck his tongue out at the shorter boy, causing Frank to pull tongues in return, scrunching up his face as he did so.

There was a sudden knock on the door and Frank's mother spoke quickly, "Frank? Who are you talking to in there?"

Frank immediately tugged on his jeans and shirt before replying, "My friend," Mrs Iero entered her son's room, "He called me not long after you went to bed and ending up crashing here."

"Oh, sorry, Frank," she turned to Gerard, "I'm Frank's mother, and you are?"

"I'm Gerard," he began, only to be cut off by Frank's mother.

"Frank, why didn't you tell me your friend was staying?"

"I told you, he called after you went to bed, he got caught in the rain and his house is further away than ours." Gerard was desperate to laugh, grinning madly behind Mrs Iero as Frank tried to make up a believable tale.

"Whereabouts do you live, Gerard?"

"Oh, uh, my house is about four, maybe five blocks away. I'm sorry for intruding your home; I'd assumed Frank had asked you if it was alright," Gerard only just managed to maintain a straight face before Frank's mother left the room, somewhat satisfied with the answers she'd been given.

"Where do you live?" Frank inquired as Gerard took a seat on his bed, surprised that it was in fact as comfortable as it looked.

"In my home," came Gerard's short response, accompanied by a smile.

Frank was unimpressed, "Seriously; you stalk me and sneak into my bedroom like twice, as far as I know, and I'm not allowed to know where you live? That's unfair."

"It's not important right now, though, is it?" Frank opened his mouth to answer before shutting it again as Gerard continued to speak, "No, it's not."

Frank leaned back against the door frame and crossed his arms with a pout, "You're mean to me."

"Nah, I just enjoy teasing you." The vampire winked, causing Frank to blush.

"Do you want breakfast?" Frank changed the subject.

"I don't eat breakfast, but thanks," Gerard smiled.

"Fair enough, I don't either. Not in this house, anyway."

○○○

"So why were you in my room again last night?" Frank asked as he and Gerard strolled through the small woods not far from his home.

"No reason," the vampire brushed off the question with no intention to give Frank an answer any time soon.

"Dude, why?" The shorter boy pressed.

"Because." Gerard shrugged and averted his gaze to his feet.

"Just 'because' is not a valid reason, Gee." Frank sighed.

Gerard smiled at Frank as he realised what he'd called the vampire, "I had reason to be concerned about you so I had to make sure you were alright, then when you were having a bad dream I stayed and it seemed to calm you down a bit, having someone else there."

"What was your reason for concern?" Frank asked, unsure if he wanted the true answer to that.

"It doesn't matter now, Frankie," Gerard smiled before putting his arm around the shorter boy's shoulders and pulling him close to his body.

"You're really warm," Frank stated, refraining from nuzzling into the vampire's side.

"Thanks?" Gerard chuckled as his arm rubbed Frank's, trying to keep him warm.

"So do you have any siblings?" Frank asked quietly.

"I have a brother, Mikey, why?" Gerard looked down at Frank as they walked at a slower, calmer pace now.

"You know a lot about me, so I'm allowed to know about you, aren't I?" Frank poked Gerard's side softly with the arm wrapped around the taller one's waist.

"Yeah, I guess so, what do you wanna know?" Gerard asked, relaxed as Frank seemed to mould into his side perfectly.

"Anything, I guess," Frank attempted a shrug. "We can go to this little café thing not far from here; it's always warm there and they make the best hot chocolate ever!" Frank's eyes lit up and he smiled, causing Gerard to smile, too.

"Sounds nice," the vampire said, almost entranced as he let Frank move from his grip to readjust his hat and take hold of his hand, leading the way to the best hot chocolate he would ever taste.