i was worried. they had been going at it for a good ten minutes and i could feel the tears flowing when i didnt hear dad any more. just more screaming from dad. there was a massive crash, one that made the floor shake. then.....there was silence. some footsteps approaching the door. i was shaking, probably more than gon was right now. both our gazes were locked on the door. the handle shook aggressively. there were a few collisions against the door, earning yelps out of the both of us. one more good one and the door swung open. both of us screamed. "whoa! its just me, kids," dad stumbled into the room, plopping down heavily on the bed. he was breathing heavily. i found myself clinging to him just as hard as gon was. he let out an oomph when we climbed on is lap and hugged him as tight as we could. he safe! he is still alive. he hugged us back, letting out a weak chuckle. "he sure can take a licking and keep on ticking. that's for sure," he muttered, hugging us tighter.

took a while for us to pull ourselves together but we did. he had a gentle smile on his face as he held us. "whats....whats gonna happen now?" asked gon. he smiled brightly. "we...are moving!" he said. i didnt believe him at first. he put us down and jogged out, leaving the door open and we both saw big dad laying face down on the ground and not moving. there were several holes in the walls and a few tables were broken. not to mention shattered glass all over the place. he returned a few minutes later with a huge suitcase. he started filling it with our clothes. "get some toys together guys. we cant take everything right now so just grab your favorites," he said. we didnt hesitate.

it took about an hour for us to get everything ready. big dad was still laying on the floor unmoving while dad made trip after trip to bring the stuff out to the car. gon kept poking him and trying  to push him on his back. "stop! what would happen if he woke up?" i warned. he chuckled. "dad would beat him up again," he said. dad came back, this time picking us both up and carrying us out to the car. "buckle up," he said before going around to the trunk. i did so quickly and helped gon with his. dad got in and pulled off.

we had to grab our book bags and as many toys as we could carry while he grabbed a cart. he loaded it with all our things: three suitcases, a brief case, two duffle bags, a trash bag, and a few boxes. he wheeled them inside. a quick chat with the lady behind the desk and he handed her a black card. she swiped it and handed it to him, along with another card. we followed him to an elevator. he looked really tired. really tired. he was still gasping for air. the elevator dinged on our floor and we followed him to a door. he swiped the key and we walked into a HUGE room. it had a bed about the size of the one in their room back home. there was a little kitchen and a huge bathroom and a huge tv. literally everything in the room was huge. "we are gonna be staying here for a while, ok kids?" we nodded. he closed the door and wheeled our stuff inside. he put the stuff out. "since its pretty late, its bath time then right to bed, ok? we gotta lot of stuff to do so we gotta get up really early," he said, grabbing our clothes out one of the suitcases. we all headed into the bathroom.

we were allowed to watch tv while dad went out to grab some food. he returned about a half hour later with a few bags. we helped him put the food away. then.....wells soon as he laid down on the bed, he was asleep. it was instant. he had already changed from our bath so he fell asleep in some shorts and a tee. gon busted out laughing. it was funny. i even laughed. we turned off the tv and climbed in the bed, getting comfy. im glad. im glad that dad finally left big dad. it was a long and scary journey but im happy we made it through.

one week later.....

nobunaga pov

i was relieved. very much so. i hooked up with sean a couple of days ago at a nearby hotel, after which he told me about what happened that night. it was something else. i didnt know he could fight like that. they are put up at a hotel right now and sean is looing into another house on the other side of the city, conveniently more close to his job so its a win/win, pretty much. i was again contacted by uvo but tis time...he had came over my house. shal was at school with work right after and i had a half day off so it was just me and him. "goddamn man!! what happened to your face?!" i acted surprised when he first came over. he had a black eye, a split lip, and his jaw was swollen. he was holding an ice pack to it as he sat down. he chuckled. "you wasn't lying when you said he'd do anything to protect them kids. i had blacked out that night and woke up the next day on the ground. he fucked me up, nobu. cracked my jaw, split my lip, and im sure he might have dislocated my shoulders," he said, a smile crossing his face. he seemed happy about the whole thing. "so what brings you over here?" i asked, handing him a can of beer. "shit, i just came to see if you had seen him. i haven't seen him since. i tried his job, the kids school, and damn near ever hotel in the city and i haven't seen him. i wanted to.....you know, apologize and see what i could do to make it up to him and the kids. he wont answer my calls or texts and the teachers at the school wont let me see the kids," his face went solemn as he spoke. "naw, not really. that guy has been extra cautious about talking to me. probably figured you'd come over here looking for him. i got no clue where he is at," i said. that was actually true, although its not like he was keeping it a secret from me. i pretty much never asked. no real reason to.

he just sulked for a few minutes. "do you....do you think he will forgive me?" he asked. "i doubt it. you tried to kill his kids, uvogin. im surprised the police haven't caught you yet. i know he called em," i sipped my beer. "i...i dont think he did. they weren't there when i woke up. his car, the kids, and a lot of their clothes and toys were gone," he said. "oh, so he moved out and took the kids with him? damn. guess you should start looking for someone else, uvo," i patted his shoulder. "what...what do you mean? like he is out cheatin on me?" he asked. "i dont know what he is up to right now. its clear he has no intention of coming back to you, though," i said. he packed up his shit and left. at this point, id say he should be expecting divorce papers. "i...i thought he was just leaving for like a break," he said. "i guess we will see, huh?" i shrugged. he just nodded.

one month later....

reader pov

i knew this was a risk but....well id rather not have to go clothes shopping for them again. i didnt see his car parked in the driveway when i pulled in front of the house. its only 3 and he doesnt get off until five so i should be good to grab the rest of their clothes and be gone. i took in a deep breath before heading up to the front door. i was surprised i was able to use my key to get inside. of course, he did try to call me everyday for the past month so i guess it would make sense. i walked inside. the house was.....clean. really fucking clean. i smelled bleach everywhere. i paid it no mind and i headed upstairs. i went into the bedroom to grab another suitcase when i was grabbed from behind, spun around, and lips landed harshly against mines. he leaned on me, insisting that i lay on the bed but i didnt budge. i gently pushed him away. he was in just his undies and his face was....worried. "where have you been?! i...i haven't seen you in so long," he muttered. "i moved out. got a new house on the other side of the city. i just stopped by to grab the rest of the kids' clothes," i said, grabbing the suitcase and walking into the kids' room. i started packing. he had followed me. "moving out? like...for a while?" he asked. "permanently," i said, putting some of their toys in the suitcase. "what...what do you mean permanently?! you not coming back?" he asked. he moved to stand between me and the door. "no, uvogin. neither are the kids," i said, attempting to move past him. he didnt let me. "uvo, i need to go," i said. "dont you love me? we can talk about this!" he seemed panicked. "whats there to talk about, uvo? its like you aim for the kids cause you love seeing me mad. who does that?! if you hated kids, why would you adopt them? why should they have to fear for their safety every time 'big dad' gets drunk? im tired of it, uvo. ive dealt with it for all this time and that night....that night was the last straw. why should i have to be a black belt to defend my kids from my husband? its fucking ridiculous," i complained.

"because! the....the only time you even act like a human is if it concerned the kids. i got the kids for you cause i hated how much of a bitch you were! i want a respectable husband, not some little bitch who is terrified of me," he said. i sighed. "sounds personal, uvogin. there is no reason why they should have to be around someone willing to hurt kids to get what he wants. i never loved you, uvogin. i was scared. fucking terrified of what you would do if you were mad. knowing that if you go to angry, it dont matter what you said before, you wouldn't think twice about hurting me and i dont like that. i dealt with it because i didnt know how to change that. then.....i took up karate. now im making a change. i....i want a divorce, uvogin......"

=================================================================================