chapter 20

Three months later...

Reader pov

"What's on your mind, Sean? You seemed passed for the past few weeks," ging had joined me at my table during lunch. He had brought a lunch pail and started unpacking it. I just moved my pasta around in its container. "Have you ever been with someone who....thought they knew you better than you did?" Sure it was an interesting question but...well that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now. He looked at me confused look. "No...i can't say that I have. Why?" He asked. "It's hell, I tell you. Stay away from people like that," I grunted. He just shrugged and continued talking about the latest happenings with his girl. Apparently they plan to get married soon...or somethihg. I paid no attention. What was bothering me was how my boyfriend had been acting the last few times we had been together. He has been...conceited lately. Overly so. I panicked at first, thinking he had reverted to how he was before. I had my guard up....then I realized that that is just how he is. I had thought that thus time around, when we were more so on equal ground, I might have found something In him that would make me forget the past. It never came and now...i sighed. Now he is just awful.

Selfish, arrogant, possessive and controlling. Clingy and to make it all so bad...our relationship has never stopped being about sex. "Go ahead and spill ya guts, Sean. You ain't been paying attention this whole time. Want uncle ging to make it feel better?" He teased. "No, I want you to tell me some ways I can break up with someone,"  I grunted. Absentmindedly. "What's going on? You never told me about your love life so I can't help," he said. "I didn't tell you cause I've heard about you from the people in the company. You put everyone's love life on blast," I gave him a knowing look. He busted out laughing. "Touche. Well...why do you wanna break up?" He asked me.

"Not giving out the details. Let's just say that everything but the sex is awful," I said. He chuckled. "Just be straightforward with em. Beating around the Bush will just drag the relationship longer than it should be. Just be straight with her," he said. I furrowed my brows in concentration. "OK. I'll see what I can do," I said. He nodded.

Later on that night....

The smile he had on his face was starting to get sickening. I made the mistake of letting him follow me home when I needed to get something real quick. Unfortunately, he knows where I live now. It's not uncommon that he would just pop by and wait for me to get home from work. The kids.....they didn't really react to it at all. They didn't panic or anything. Uvogin told me that when they saw him again after so long, they pretty much acted like he was invisible. Really messed him up. Now.....he has gotten over it. I sighed. Being with uvogin.....I'm over it. "Hey, babe. Paintballing right now," he took my hand and attempted to pull me out but I didn't let him. "Come in! They are gonna close in a few hours," he grunted, trying to pull me again. "Uvogin....we need to talk," I said, moving to the sofa. I took a seat.

He looked wary as he came to sit next to me. "Let's make this quick. I wanna get some games in before--" "Uvogin, how many other people have you been with during our time apart?" I just cut him off. "Um....no one, why?" He asked. I cursed under my breath. That means he don't have anyone to just fall back on. "It's just.....hmm....how can I put this?" I furrowed my brows again in concentration. "Well whatever it was, I don't care. We can talk or whatever about it later. Paintballing now," he started to get up again. I sighed. Guess I'll just go with ging's advice. "Uvogin.....i want to break up," I said.

He froze in his tracks. "Ha ha, that's funny..." he looked back at me. His face went solemn when he saw that I wasn't joking. He let out a deep breath. "No. Im....I'm not going another half decade without being with someone. I'm not gonna be lonely again, now come on. If we leave now, we can get two games in before they close," when I didn't move, he simply grabbed my hand and pulled me along.