chapter 43

ging pov

"GING, MAN! how the hell are you?" I was pulled into a bro hug by one of my employees, stan. It turned out that he was the driver of the truck. we hadn't had the opportunity to reunite since I was ko'ed when he picked us up. he was heading down the highway and happened to stop for gas where we were. he recognized me and bam....here we are. 

"I'm....I'm all good, stan. I ended up running into some trouble when I tried to find my friend and was knocked out. sean told me that we were chained up at some little warehouse like 600 miles from home! aint that bout a bitch?" I explained. he chuckled. "yeah. good thing I did run into you guys. I just got done with my last delivery. this was the last stop for gas before its right back home," he said, pointing with this thumb. "yeah. you telling me," I was glad. 

sean and uvogin went into the gas station bathroom a while ago, something that looked like it bothered sean a lot more than it did uvogin. it looked like uvogin had other plans for those two. I ended up staying out here and helping stan fuel up while we shot the breeze. 

we finished fueling up and continued chatting until we finally saw sean coming out the bathroom, closely followed by uvogin. uvogin had a glare that could cut steel as he walked behind sean, clearly disappointed. I think its safe to assume that he didn't get what he wanted from sean while they were alone. I also spotted something of a bruise on his cheek, making me laugh a little. 

"what the hell happened to you, big guy?" stan asked uvogin as they both got back. he just looked away with a grimace. meanwhile, sean had the biggest smile on his face. "yeah, uvogin. why don't you tell them what happened?" he teased as he leaned against the truck. we all shared a laugh. 

*bang*

everyone froze at the sound of a gunshot as it rung through the air. it was the sound of something thumping against the truck got everyone's attention. all eyes snapped to stan as he fell back against the side of the truck, a hole in his head that wasn't there before. 

"GET DOWN!!" the scream tore through my throat as another shot tore through the air, popping the tire right next to where sean was. sean was still frozen. it was uvogin who jumped into action, grabbing him roughly and pulling him to the ground, climbing right on top of him to shield him. I dropped to the ground as a flurry of bullets split the air as they were fired from a fully automatic weapon. the shots were blind so we should be fine if we stay low--

"FUCK!!"

the scream tore from uvogin. I looked back, seeing that he got grazed by a shot in his shoulder. "EVERYONE INTO THE TRUCK!" I yelled. there was a lull in the shots that I knew wouldn't last long. we needed to leave before the bad guys reload and finish us off. 

I got up and made my way up into the truck, staying as low as I could. uvogin got the hint and got up as slowly as he could. he clutched his shoulder as he forced sean up into the truck. I got the truck started and got ready to pull off. 

sean got up into the middle seat while uvogin worked himself into the passenger seat. sean tried to help him since he only had one arm. then....they started shooting again. sean tried desperately to get uvogin into the truck but he didn't make it. he yelled as he got hit a few more times and his foot slipped, causing him to fall right out the truck.

he worked himself to his feet, taking a few more shots. sean tried to get him back into the truck but uvogin shoved him back inside, shutting the door. "GO!" I heard him scream from on the other side before he took another hit, going limp against the side of the truck. "UVOGIN!!" sean screamed as I pulled off.