eight

SO GO GET RUNNIN', WON'T YOU HURRY? WHILE IT'S LIGHT OUT, WHILE IT'S EARLY.❞

━━━

the day went by smoothly, it being a Friday and all.

most of Philip's classes were giving out regular ten-question quizzes and allowing a free period afterwards. he didn't have many friends in his classes, so he spent his time looking up ways on how he can improve his editing skills or listening to music.

he didn't see Ezra until after school. apparently the counselor found a way to squeeze him into AP classes, so she had to change his whole schedule which made him have the lunch before Philip's.

he didn't argue, though, since they now had English, Calculus, and Forensics together.

"you wanna come back to Sita's place with me?" Ezra asked. Sita had asked Ezra if he wouldn't mind doing some housesitting while she, her baby Jake, and her husband Chris went on a little vacation. that solved the problem of where he'd stay.

"nah, i think i should go to the house, you know, before Helen sends out a search party for me. i've also gotta shower, i don't wanna waste Sita's dry shampoo."

Ezra dropped Philip off at the house with promises of picking him up tomorrow to do something fun.

to Philip's surprise, Helen's truck was there. he looked towards the front porch and noticed both Helen and Gabe sitting. Gabe waved at him with a smile on his face, Helen not so much.

he knew the lecture she was about to give him was about going off without telling them and whatnot, so he zoned out through pretty much all of it.

his relationship with Helen wasn't as strong as his and Gabe's. he didn't really mind her, she was cool. they shared a few jokes once in a while, and he was sure if she wasn't so busy being a cop and all, she would probably be really fun to be around. she was trying, he'll give her that.

it was just past nine when Philip finally got some time alone in his room. he laid back and plugged his earphones in, and despite the house being dead silent, he turned up the volume all the way.

he was just about to fall asleep when he felt his phone vibrate in his stomach, repeatedly. it was a phone call. from Lukas.

he ignored it. he didn't have time for his stupid lies. at least that is what he told himself.

a few seconds later, his phone began to vibrate again and he sighed. he unplugged his earphones and tossed them aside, picking up his phone.

"what do you want, Lukas?" he snapped.

"whoa, there. did i wake you? why are you grumpy?"

"maybe because i was trying to relax and listen to some music until your stupid phone call kept interrupting it."

"relaxing, huh?" he could hear the smirk on Lukas's face. "what, high school too tough? homework got you tired?"

"no, making out with my boyfriend made me tired," he lied, cringing as he said this.

he heard Lukas cough, followed by a soft "oh."

Philip closed his eyes and rubbed his temple, "anyway, what did you want, Lukas?"

there was silence on the other end. for a minute, Philip thought Lukas had hung up, but his phone said the call was still connected.

"i, um. i wanna talk to you."

"Lukas, what do you think we're doing?"

"shut up," he heard Lukas chuckle, he didn't know why though. "you're an ass, you know that?"

"yes, you remind me of that fact everyday at school in front of your friends. what do you wanna talk about?"

Lukas sighed loudly, "can you meet me tomorrow, at the usual spot where we film? around, uh, ten?"

Philip's eyes opened.

he wants to see me?

"why so early? it's a Saturday."

"Rose is coming over at noon. i don't really -- well i mean, i don't want for it to --"

"you don't want her to see me with you," he deadpanned. "it's alright. you can say it."

he heard Lukas grunt. "yes, that. wait no, it's not like that. i just -- ugh, you make everything so complicated, Philip."

Philip scoffed. what the hell was he saying?

"i complicate things? me? how?" Philip was getting irritated now. he had such a good day - apart for the lecture he'd gotten from Helen - and now Lukas was ruining it.

"yes, you. and you know why," Lukas' voice wavered. "you fucking know why, Philip. you know i like you, and how i can't tell anyone."

Philip kept a straight face. this wasn't the first time Lukas had told Philip how he felt, not at all. that's why Philip knew this was bullshit.

everything he'd been holding in was building up. hot, pure hatred and confusion bubbling just under his skin. he was never able to hit Lukas back in any of their fights at school, something in him couldn't really harm Lukas in any way. so he bottled it all up, all his feelings. tonight, he let out part of what he felt.

"you-- you tell me you like me. i tell you i like you. next day, you push me around or deadass ignore me. if i complicate things so much, then just delete my number. ask me to change lunches. stay on the opposite side of the parking lot in the mornings. do whatever the fuck you want, but stop leading me on like this if you're gonna keep treating me like shit and then blame me. i don't need this anymore, i've got someone who loves me by my side, and my mom is getting better. i'll be out of your hair soon. but for now, if i complicate things too much for little prince Lukas, you know what to do."

with that, Philip pressed End Call.

·

2k+ reads holy hell thanks y'all ilysm !!

don't forget to vote + comment !