Chapter 10 : It Must Be Suck To Be You

The soft vibrates from my phone on the night stand managed to wake me up. I turned on the screen, squinting my eyes shut directly after that due to the brightness. I opened my eyes slowly to adjust with the brightness of the screen. A message revealed as I turned on the screen.

' Mom heard that you're in LA from Erin. She wants you and your fiance to come join by today for dinner if you have no plan. Update me before noon.

Ethan '

   I turned to my left and saw Jonathan's shirtless back. He came back early yesterday and spend the whole day at home. With his family and me. We also did talked things out yesterday, making things straight. However, his phone does not stop ringing at night time.

About 30 calls from none other, Paige. Can this woman just grow up and accept the fact that Jonathan is an engaged man? But, I was glad Jonathan didn't take any of the call.

Placing back my phone on the night stand, I make a mental note to myself to reply back to Ethan soon after I make up my mind.

  I get up from the bed and freshen up myself before going downstairs. Jonathan was no longer in bed when I was out from the bathroom. I take that as a sign that he already went down since when I was in the bathroom, there's voices talking outside.

  I get changed to a comfortable clothing before making my way down the stairs. The sight in front of me wasn't really what I expected to see first thing in the morning.

  Shay with her tensed face sat beside Jonathan in the living room. Jonathan had the same expression plastered on his face, looking at the none other annoying human being, Paige.

What does she wants early in the morning? Didn't that Jonathan already fired her?

I walked closed enough without making my presence known by them to hear them clearly enough.

  " What's going on, Jonathan? I went to the company but I wasn't let to get it. " Sarah whined. Oh, so this was about work then?

" Hasn't you heard from the security​ itself that you are fired and no longer allowed to step your foot in the company? " Shay stated to Shay. Her stare to Paige was so sharp that it might sliced her alive.  

" Shut up, bitch. I'm not even talking to you. " Paige hissed at her. Shay lunged forward, ready to knock the shit out of the woman in the red dress that was too tight and too revealing but Jonathan pulled her back before she could done any harm.

" Watch your word, Paige. That's my sister you are talking to. Respect her, will you? " Jonathan said. His face was very scary yet handsome at the same time. 

" But, baby, why can't I stepped in the company? " She pouted at Jonathan, hoping that it would somehow get his pity. I feel like snapping that lips using  a pair of scissors.

" You heard it clearly from Leslie. You're fired. "Jonathan said. His tone were icy cold and flat.

" How? Why would you fired me? I thought things were going just fine? " Paige whined again. She tired to reach over for Jonathan hand but he pulled just before she could reach for it, causing her to stumble forward. She get back up, feeling embarrassed.