Chapter 9 : That Was Before Everything

Omg, I actually written this chapter three days ago but forgot to publish it.. 😂

Chapter 9 : That Was Before Everything!

[ Jonathan's POV ]

Leaning on the white brick wall, I threw my sight to the ocean. The waves hit the sand early in the morning brought  peace feelings in me. Sipping the espresso from my mug, I think back of what happened yesterday.

I hit up my best friend, Shawn and he we decide to meet each other. Furthermore, he was back in LA to visit his parents and Jace was fine being left with his aunts that loved to pamper him so much. Well, kids. They love being pampered. Speaking of kids, my dad keep on asking when am I going to add his grandchild. With my term and Stephanie, where things were kinda rough, I don't think baby will make anything better.

When I meet up with Shawn yesterday, I told him everything that I had inside of my head. When I jokingly told him that it was okay for him to slap some sense in my head if I sounded stupid or ridiculous, he really took it seriously. Red prints of his hand were still slightly visible on my shoulder. I am thankful that he did not slap me in the head because boy, I would ended up in the hospital.

Shawn told me the exact same thing that Stephanie told me. It made me felt so bad on Stephanie. I hurt her so much when I was too blind to see what was going on. Stephanie was right. I definitely did not have the rights to told her not to talk to Ethan when Paige basically still in my office, throwing herself on me. Lucky for me, Paige does not affect me in any way anymore. I really should fired her. I can't fix my relationship with her around.

Walking back to the kitchen, I cleaned and put my mug away. Making my way back to my room, Stephanie was still sleeping so I popped into the shower.

After I had done my and get ready for work, Stephanie was still sleeping. The comforter was wrapped around her completely and only her face can be seen. I chuckled at the sight and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

" See you soon, love. " I said before making my way downstairs.

" Hey, breakfast before you go? " Shay called me as she saw me walking down the stairs. She got up from the sofa and walked towards me.

" I will get some at work later. I have early meeting today. " I replied to my little sister. She adjusted my tie and collar before looking at me.

" I hope you don't really caught up on work. Stephanie came all the way here to be with you. " She tapped my shoulder.

" Alright, Les. Noted. I have to go now. Bye, sissy. " I kissed her forehead and get into my car. After she waved me goodbye, I drove out from the area and went to work.

" Morning, Mr Grayson. " Amanda at the reception greeted me as I walked into the building.

" Morning, Amanda. Has Paige came in yet? " I asked her, looking at my wrist watch. It was half past nine.

" Not yet. Is there anything I can do for you? " Amanda asked politely.

" Just tell her to come to my office after my meeting. " I smiled at her and make my way to my office. Getting on my seat, I turn on my Mac and checked few emails from the investors and our other companies.

" Mr Grayson, the people from XMatch are here. Do you want me to show them the meeting room? " Wren, the assistant secretary informed me.

" Yes, please. I will be there in a minute. " I replied to her and she nodded her head before leaving my office. I realised that Stephanie was right. My assistant secretary can covered up for the absence of my secretary. I don't need new secretary. I closed my Mac and get to the meeting room. Let's get this done so that I can come home for lunch.