Chapter 1 : How Is It Not That Bad?

I placed the chopped carrots and potatoes on the baking tray before drizzling some olive oil on it. His gaze was burning holes on the back of my head. I sighed and turned to him.

" We talked about this before...you know my answer.." I leaned on the counter, facing him.

" Come on, Stef. It's not that bad. " Jonathan said.

" How is it not that bad? Jonathan, you know that woman. You know what type of woman she is. " I walked past him to the fridge to continue with this dinner.

" Stef..." Jonathan called.

" No. " I answered him firmly.

" Come on, Stef. It's just going to be all about work. Don't think negatively, will you? " Jonathan held my wrist.

" I'm not thinking it negatively. But, why can't you just open your eyes and mind. And think it by yourself? Is it a really good idea to be taking your ex girlfriend to work with you? Especially when you know she still have feelings for you. " I shook my head at him and stepped back. Seriously, this guy need someone to slap a goddamn sense in his head.

" Okay, Stef. You're jealous aren't you? Come on, love. You don't have to be jealous. You know that I only love you, right? " He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead.

" Whatever, Jonathan. I still don't like the idea of Paige working as your secretary, for Christ's sake. " I pushed him away.

" Then come back to LA with me. Be my secretary. In that way we don't have to be far apart. " Jonathan said.

" You know that I don't like office works. And also, I still have two years left to finish my studies. " I answered him.

" Why would you still want to study when I can provide you with everything. You're my one and only love. I'll give you whatever you want. " He pulled me and rested his face on my shoulder, tilting his face to the side and started to kiss my neck. I shook my head and pushed him away from me gently.

" It's because I have a my own dream for my future, Jonathan. That's why I studied. "

" Since you're so into fashion and not secretary work, it won't matter then if I take Paige to be my secretary. " Jonathan shrugged. Lord, give me strength to not stab my fiance's eyes with the butter knife.

" Gosh, you're so unbelievable. That's it! I'm done with this conversation. You're old enough. You can think it by yourself now. "

" Come on, Steffy. "

" Stop, Jonathan. Just stop. "

* * *

The clock on the night stand read 2:04AM. I let out a sigh. I had been staring at the pure white empty ceiling for the past few hours since we went to bed. Turning to my left, I looked at him. His chest rises upon his breathing. His dark brown curl covered his forehead. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. God, I loved and missed this man so much.

A week after his proposal in LA, I came back to New York. I can't stay in LA since I still work in New York, plus I got my acceptance letter from one of the fashion university here. Jonathan was not really satisfied with that, of course, because he had to be apart from me. So every weekend, he will come down to New York and stayed with me unless he had works to do. It had been like that for the past eleven months. Next month would be a year.

However, the past week was not really great. We gotten into talks where it will ended with one of us getting pissed, mostly me.

He told me that Paige, his crazy ex girlfriend, met him. That woman offered herself to fill in Diane's spot as the secretary temporary as Diane on her maternity leave. I seriously don't like the idea but this guy always defending her.

I don't want something to happen. I can't lose him. I loved this man with my whole heart. I love him more than I had ever loved someone. I know he felt the same way too. I know he loved me. But, you can't blamed me for worrying. I trusted him, but not that woman.

I let out a small sigh and wrapped my arm around his waist. He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. This just make my heart feel heavier.

" I love you.." I heard him whispered to me just before I drifted to sleep