Chapter seven.

---------

Gwen, Ari and I had to cut our hike early because it started to snow.  Yes, snow!  In October!  It is the craziest thing ever since I'm from Massachusetts.  We ran down the streets since we walked to meet Gwen, the snow falling rapidly and our shoes slipping around.  It was a matter of time before one of us fel-

"NO!"  A loud squeal shouted behind of me.  I stopped and turned around, seeing Gwen sitting on the snow covered side walk with a scowl on her face, trying to help herself up with a light pole.  Other people who were running past us slowed down to look at her, many of them laughing since her expensive "running" shoes weren't giving her much grip to stand up on the ice.  I grabbed her by her pink coat sleeves and pulled her up, telling her to be careful before we continued running.  

We finally made it back to campus, after our seven minute jog which felt more like thirty minutes.  As we walked through the main doors there were many kids around just hanging out, many eyes going on us as we walked in.  Most eyes were on Gwen though, since she's well.. Gwen.  She stopped and talked to a handsome man with blond hair and blue eyes after telling us that she would see us later, her statement more directed towards me than Ari.  

"I'm freezing."  Ari said, rubbing her hands together as we walked through the semi busy halls.  Even though there was no classes for anyone, people were just hanging out.  I nodded, agreeing with her as I brought my hands up to my face.  The coffee shop I work at came into view and I decided to put my discount to use, pulling Ari into the small delightfully smelled cafe.  

"I'm going to have to pay you back when we get home, I brought no money with me."  She said as we got into line.  I waved her off as I pulled out my Vera Bradley wallet.  Dylan came out from the kitchen, spotting me and smiling while doing that head nod thing that boys do.  I smiled back and waved, my light blue gloves still covering my hands.  Ari nudged me in the side when he turned around, wiggling her eyebrows at me.  I ignored her since I knew what she was going to say but she continued poking me, eventually grabbing my wallet out of my hand and hitting me with it, making a scene.  As much as I love her, she isn't afraid of making a scene in front of people- she is very fearless which is the complete opposite of me.  I hate attention.  My cheeks turned pink as other college students turned around in their place in line, drawing their eyebrows together looking at us.  

"What?!  Jeez, everyone's looking!"  I whisper yelled to her, making her crack up.  She cheekily winked at me, then nodded her red head towards Dylan who was busy making a latte, a green apron tied around his torso.  

"Who's that hottie?"  She asked in a weird tone, making me laugh and roll my eyes.  

"Just one of my co workers, you horn dog."  I said.  I never paid much attention to Dylan's looks, always over looking him as anything besides a friend, especially since I have only talked to him a handful of times.  But now since Ari pointed it out, he is quite attractive and he is obviously popular at this college.  One of the main reasons this tiny cafe even does any business is from his jock and frat boy friends coming to visit him.  

"Oh come on, you know you would tap that."  She said rather loudly.  I was about to yell at her for making yet another scene when a cough interrupted, making her and I's heads turn in that direction.  Dylan stood behind the register, a smirk clear on his face since he most likely heard what came out of Ari's mouth.  Ari quietly squealed and literally pushed my up to the register, making me send her a glare over my shoulder.  

"Fancy seeing you here."  He said, leaning against the counter.  The only person behind me in line was Ari, who wasn't really in line but watching us like a hawk.  

"It's weird being in here without that hideous uniform on."  I said, making him and I both laugh.  He looked down at his oddly green colored shirt with a little picture of a coffee cup on the pocket, then laughed again.  

"Are you saying I look hideous?"  He asked, mocking offense.  I shook my head, holding back my laugh.  

"Of courrsseee not."  I said in a higher voice.  He smiled and shook his head before typing down on the register.  

"What would you like today, mam?"  He asked.  I scanned the menu, feeling stupid since I should know everything this store has to offer.  I decided on a basic caramel latte, ordering Ari a black coffee which she likes but grosses me out.  He turned around, fixing us our drinks and I looked towards Ari who was obviously looking at his butt.  She caught me and widened her eyes at me with a smile on her face, clearly liking what she saw.  I laughed and once again shook my head at her.  Dylan turned around with two large drinks in his hand, handing them to the each of us.  

"And my total is?"  I asked, doing a drum roll on the counter top.  He laughed and shook his head.  He typed down quickly on the register, then looked at me.  

"Your total is zero dollars.  Have a nice day!"  He said.  I gave him a questioning look.  "We always can make our own drinks, Linda says.  That whole discount thing is just to get you perked up about working here."  He said.  I nodded my head. 

"Nice.  Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow.  You work from 4 to 9 too, right?"  I asked.  He nodded his head.  I waved and began walking out of the door with Ari until I heard my name being called.  Ari smirked at me and continued walking as I turned around and went back to Dylan.  

"This probably sounds cliche, but there's a movie playing tomorrow that I've been wanting to see and I really don't want to go alone.  Wanna go with me after work tomorrow?"  He asked, a nervous look to his face.  I smiled.  

"Yeah sure, that's fine."  I said.  He nodded his head, smiling and putting his hands in his pockets.  

"Alright, cool." 

I smiled one more time before walking out of the shop, the bell dinging behind me.  For some reason I couldn't stop smiling.  Maybe it's because I finally feel comfortable around here, or the fact that I haven't been on a date since eleventh grade.  Well, I don't know if this is considered a date, but it is in my world.  Right as I opened the door to my room, Ari sat crossed leg on the bed with her coffee in her hand, smiling wildly at me.  

"Tell me what happened."  She said sternly, patting the space beside her.  I lightly laughed.  

"You know, most hippies don't care about these things."  I teased, but sat beside her anyway.  

---------

Sorry for the shortess :(  

Vote, comment, fan maybe?  :)  ily