Chapter one.

(A:N//)  Just to let everyone know, I know nothing about college.  Columbia University is a real college, and it is in New York.  I don't know anything about that college except for the name, so please excuse my mistakes on my idea of this college.  I'm pretty much just writing what comes into mind when I think about it.  

Six months ago

"Keara!  Come downstairs, you have a letter!"  My mother yelled.  A smile came across my face when I realized that the only people that would be mailing me is either my car company, or the results for my college application.  I rushed downstairs, skipping every other step and going to the mail box.  Going through the stack of letters, I finally found one with my name written across it in fancy cursive lettering.  A nervous feeling washed through me when I looked at the top left of the letter, it reading Columbia University of New York.  I ran back into the front door, rushing to my fathers office where both of my parents were.  

"It's.. It's the college."  I said, my breathing uneven.  They both turned their attention to me, my father removing his glasses off of his face.  I was excited, but nervous at the same time to open the letter.  

"Well?"  My mom asked, tugging at the diamond necklace that lied on her chest.  I looked down at the letter, slowly sliding my finger under it to peel off the top.  My father chuckled at my shaking hands.  This is it.  This is the moment I've been waiting for since I first started looking at colleges, what lies inside this envelope is the answer to my future.  I didn't waste any more time opening the letter, and pulling it out.  Closing my eyes then opening them again, I took a deep breath.  

Keara Bianchi, 

We are pleased to tell you that you have been accepted into Columbia University- 

I didn't even read the rest of the letter before I squealed, hugging my mother which took her by surprise.  My father stood up out of his leather chair, walking over to us and putting his hand on my shoulder.  

"So I'm guessing you're moving to New York?"  He asked, a small smile tugging on his lips. With tears in my eyes, I nodded my head yes, a big smile on my face as I hugged my parents again, but being careful enough to not mess up their expensive suits.  

Today

Today was the day.  Six months ago, I got accepted into my dream college, and today, my journey begins. The plane ride was long, a four hour flight.  Even though it's not exactly that long, I sure am tired.  Today I just arrive at the college and set up, thankfully I don't actually start for three days.  My parents paid for a dorm in the college, and I was glad that it was a bigger one, though I wasn't that excited of sharing it with someone.  My parents are also paying for my supplies, and pretty much everything else.  Since I never asked for much as a kid, and since I worked two jobs to just pay my car off they figured that I deserved a break.  And considering that my parents are very wealthy; I don't think it was much of a problem for them.  My father spends his days balled up in his office, working until his fingertips are numb from typing so much on the computer.  He owns multiple fast food places around the world, but for heaven sakes were we ever allowed to eat it.  That was more of my mothers idea though, since she owned three gyms it inspired her to make us all go on a health binge.  

Stepping out of the taxi, the Autumn weather got to me.  Pulling my pea coat closer to my body, I walked up the ramp to the main entrance with a suitcase in my hand.  All of my stuff has already been shipped here, I just need to unpack.  I haven't seen my dorm yet, so I'm pretty excited about that.  Hopefully it isn't a stuck up rich girl, since it is a lot more expensive than a regular sized dorm.