Chapter four.

--------------------

Holding the note, I rushed to open my door.  I was happy to see that Ari was awake.  Sliding my bag off of my shoulder, I started pacing back and forth across the room.  

"Ahh, knock it off!"  Ari said, rubbing her temples.  I apologized once I remembered she wasn't feeling well.  I sat on the edge of her bed, fiddling around with the small note in my hands.  

"What's that?  And what's your problem?"  She asked, bringing the blanket up to her chin.  I sighed.  

"Okay, this is the second note that I've gotten on the door and it's really starting to freak me out."  I said, showing her the note from last time and the one from just now.  After telling her the story about my book and what not, she seemed as if it was no big deal.  

"It's fine, it's college, what do you expect?  Weird things happen here.  Some guy probably just thinks you're cute or something and this is his way of flirting or whatever.  Calm down babe, it's fine."  She said.  The softness of her voice and her explanation did calm me down a bit, but honestly I was still a little worried.  This is just... Weird.  I nodded my head, thanking her before going to get the romance book that I had checked out.  It was called A beautiful disaster by Jamie McGuire, and I've read really good reviews on this book.  About two hours later Ari had fallen back asleep, and I thought it was about to time to start getting ready for tomorrow.  

I woke up a little earlier than usual the next morning, excited for my first official day of college.  Looking through my dresser, I decided on a nice cream colored dress and some matching wedges.  I wanted to look presentable, especially since I'll be the 'new kid in class.'  I kept my hair natural and put on my regular makeup.  By time I was ready, I still had an hour left before class started.  I wanted to get there early so I'll probably leave in about forty minutes.  Ari was asleep, and I was debating again whether or not to wake her up.  I decided to make some coffee, then if she isn't up then, I will wake her.  

Going into our tiny kitchen, I turned on the coffee machine, smelling that great smell minutes later.  The sound was annoying me a little bit, but I didn't mind.  While I was waiting I double checked my appearance and bag, making sure I had everything just right.  The sudden noise of coffee dropping into the pot stopped, telling me that it was done.  I poured some in a cup, adding my favorite vanilla creamer and a couple of sugars.  I made sure to leave some in the pot or Ari.  She was still asleep when I went back into the room.  

"Ari."  I said.  No answer.  "Arriiii."  I whined, poking her arm.  She made a groaning noise and rolled onto her side.  I repeatedly poked her arm over and over again, making her almost hit me with a pillow.  I laughed as she sat up, rubbing her eyes.  I don't know how a person can sleep that much, she slept practically all day yesterday.  

"Jeez, before I lived here were you late for classes everyday?"  I asked, a hand on my hip.  I frowned when I noticed that the brown nail polish I spent thirty minutes applying last night had already chipped on two nails.  

"Pretty much."  She mumbled, then looked at me.  "Why so dressed up?"  She asked, standing up, stretching, then walking to her closet.  I shrugged.  

"I just want to make a good first impression.  Plus I'm barely even dressed up."  I said.  She turned to look at me, raising an eyebrow.  

"Well, at least you look pretty."  She said.  My eyes widened when she started to undress right in front of me, me quickly turning my back to face her.  I heard her laugh behind me, and clothes hitting the floor.  

"I'm wearing undergarments, you know."  She said, and I could pretty much hear the smirk in her voice.  

"And?  I don't want to watch you undress!  Go in the bathroom next time!"  I said, trying to sound angry but my laugh eventually made it's way out.  Once she told me she was done, I turned around and observed her.  A Rush tank top and a long blue skirt.