Chapter five.

------------------------------------------

My first week of college went by smoothly.  I haven't had any troubles and all of my professors are wonderful, Gwen and I have been talking a lot too.  Work has also been pretty good, kind of slow, but  good.  My training finished and I am now working behind the register, taking people's orders and getting either Dylan or Linda to make them.  The first day Linda came back from her vacation, she already told me that she had a feeling I was going to do great there.  Today is Saturday and I'm meeting up with Gwen before I go to work at four. 

"Are you sure you don't want to come?"  I asked Ari, curling the last piece of my hair.  She pushed her glasses farther up her nose, shaking her head. 

"Nah, I don't really know her and it would probably be awkward."  She said, chuckling.  I rolled my eyes. 

"Well you don't know her until you meet her."  I said, grabbing my purse.  I spotted the pair of Toms I wanted to wear and slipped them on. 

"Maybe next time."  She answered, falling back onto bed.  I nodded my head and grabbed the door handle. 

"Alright, well I'll see ya later."  I said, waving then leaving.  Gwen and I decided to go to the mall, since it was walking distance and she is a major shopaholic.  Even though I'm not that big on shopping, getting a few new pieces of clothes would be nice. 

After a couple minutes of walking, the mall came to view.  Gwen told me to meet her in the food court, since it was right when you walked in.  She texted me a few minutes ago saying that she was already there.  I pull the tall glass door open, walking into the loud and busy mall.  There were crowds of people in the food court everywhere, making it hard to catch Gwen.  But when I saw a group of teenage boys pointing at someone and whispering, I knew they were talking about her because she is so gorgeous.  I've noticed all week that everywhere she goes someone is checking her out, or asking her out.  She was sitting at a table with a milkshake in her hand, playing around on her phone.  She didn't see me until I tapped her shoulder, her bright smile coming into view. 

"Hey!"  She said, standing up and hugging me.  I greeted her back, then we decided to go walking around.  I was thankful that this is an indoor mall since the temperature outside is dropping, it almost being Winter.  I still don't know how Gwen is able to always wear dresses, I would be freezing. 

"Oh!  Let's go in there!"  She squeaked, pointing to a store with manikins lined up in the front.  I followed her, then immediately knew that this was going to be a long shopping trip since she thought that almost everything she saw was 'adorable.' 

After shopping Gwen and I said goodbye to each other, planning on meeting up for coffee Monday morning before class starts.  Once I told her that I get a 20% off discount in the coffee shop, she immediately planned on going there every morning just to get that extra 55 cent off of her drink.  I thought it was funny, because she is so rich she could probably just buy the whole shop.  But I am glad that she isn't stuck up. 

Walking into my dorm room, I wasn't surprised to see that Ari wasn't in there.  Her weekends consist of partying, and lots of it.  I slipped on my work uniform which consisted of a green shirt, jeans, and some white Keds.  Tieing my hair up in a bun, I grabbed my keys and made my way down to work.  The hallways of the campus were pretty busy, since it was about lunch time.  On the weekends, this place isn't like school at all, it's like a huge hotel.  Walking into the shop, I waved to a few classmates I recognized sitting at the tables, then saw Linda's red hair coming out of the kitchen.  She was such a cute old woman, her green apron making her look even more tiny. 

"Hey Linda."  I smiled, walking behind the counter and setting my bag down.  She smiled at me while fixing a drink.  I noticed Dylan wiping a table in the corner of the shop.  Walking behind the register, I helped the young lady who was in line. 

"I'd like a mint frappe, please."  She smiled, digging her debit card out of her large purse.  I nodded my head and turned around, telling Linda the order.  The lady moved to the end of the counter, waiting for her drink and I took the next person. 

Three and a half hours later, I was still working and it was just Dylan and I working.  Linda had left early today because she had to take her grand daughter to one of her ballet lessons since her daughter was in Cancun. 

"It's always empty in here at the end of the day."  Dylan commented, siting on the counter.  For the past 25 minutes there hasn't been anyone in here, even though it's only about six o'clock.  I sat in a fold up chair beside the kitchen door, nodding my head. 

"It is."  I answered.  Dylan started playing with the little bell that sat on the counter, knowing that it annoyed me.  I told him to shut up which made us both laugh, until we heard another bell from the door ring.  I stood up, not even bothering to look at who came in. 

"A tall coffee."  A deep voice said.  I looked up, and immediately froze.  It was the creepy guy.  I stood there staring at him with my mouth slightly open until Dylan spoke up. 

"Uhh, Keara?"  He asked.  I turned my head and looked at him, he was holding the coffee in his hand while him and the guy stared at me. 

"S-sorry.  Your total is 2.67."  I said quietly, not daring to look into his cold eyes.  He was wearing all black, black pants, shirt, and a leather jacket.  He gave me the money then grabbed his coffee, then walked to the door.  Before he opened it, he turned around, only to give me a wink.  I shivered when he did that.  Something about him just really scares me. 

"What was that all about?"  Dylan asked, taking the apron off from around his waist.  I snapped out of my thoughts, shaking my head and doing the same.  

"That guy is so creepy.  And I think he has been leaving letters on my door..."  I said, then continued with the story about everything that has happened so far.  After explaining, Dylan had his eyebrow raised. 

"That's not good, Keara.  This whole thing sounds dangerous, and I've heard some wild things about that guy.  If anything happens again like that, I would go to the campus police."  He said, and I nodded my head.  "Well, anyway, you have to close tonight so just wipe down the tables and shut everything down.  I'll see you tomorrow."  He said, smiling at me then exiting the shop.  It felt creepy being in here all alone by myself, especially at night.  I quickly grabbed a wet cloth and bucket and started wiping down a table.  One down, 10 more to go.  It was so quiet the only thing I could hear was the squeaking of my keds against the wooden floor.  I was glad when I finished the tables, so I went and grabbed my things, turning the lights and everything off. 

The hallways were now almost completely empty, since everyone is most likely at a party.  I walked onto the elevator, again being all alone.  There was soft music playing in the background, it was almost creepy.  The elevator dinged and I stepped out, re-adjusting the bag on my shoulder.  Turning on my hallway, I almost screamed when I saw another little white note on the door.  Picking it up with shaky hands, I slowly opened it.  And I swear on that moment, I had a mini heart attack. 

These silly locks on the doors are so easy to pick.  I like your room, babe.  Be expecting me more often ;)