Baby?!

Seth looked like a wind knocked him over and caught the girl against him. I was pushed aside when the girl attacked and almost fell backward. I accidentally pulled at Seth's sleeves to stop from falling on my ass. Suddenly I felt a strong arm was around my waist and pulled me close, my cheek against a firm chest. And I heard a yelp. I looked and saw the girl was on her ass! She looked really angry and glared at me, Seth's arm around me.

"Seth! The hell was that?!" She screamed as she struggled to stand up. She got up and stared at me like she wanted to kill me. I gulped.

"Qaira, I told you not to do that. I thought I already told you, the answer is no!" Seth said firmly as he started to turn away. But the tiny Qaira was having none of it. She pulled my arm and dug her nails deep into my arm. I almost cried out. Seth saw and pushed her hand off me.

"Seth! Come on, you chose this fat bitch over me? For real? Are you fucking kidding me?!" She screamed and Seth pulled me to leave but Qaira quickly held onto him. Seth struggled to let her go and to keep his hold on me.

"Oh my god, have a little respect for yourself. You're gorgeous. Don't do this, ok" I tried talking to her. She turned angrily at me and spat.

"You shut up, you fat cow! This is between me and my boyfriend.!" Qaira screamed as she pulled Seth at his arm.

"Qaira, if you don't stop it now, I will call Sarah!" Seth said. Qaira stopped suddenly. She shot a look of pure hatred at me and stormed off. Some people were watching us in fascination. Seth quickly turned to me and took my arm. He pushed the sleeve up a bit and his eyes widened when he saw angry red mark on it. He smoothed it tenderly and kept apologizing.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry that happened. Qaaira's, Sarah's classmate. She's obsessive over me, I dunno why since she's only 17.She got crazy and attack me at a whim. I'm so sorry she hurt you,    Baby-" and Seth suddenly stopped talking. He cleared his throat and pretended to put the tickets in his wallet. I looked at him in disbelief. Did he just call me Baby?! For real. I stared at him. He pretended to look at his watch and announced that he was hungry. He beckoned me to follow him without looking at me in the eye. I almost laughed. He looked adorably embarrassed. 

At Olive Garden, Seth sat across me at the tiny table. He was blushing, it was so cute.

"Erm, so what do you want to eat? I think I'll go for the rustic steak thingy-" Seth babbled and I braved myself to cut him off.

"Seth, did you call me Baby just now?" I blurted. Seth froze. I saw him swallow hard. Then, he looked at me.

"Err, yeah. Yes I did. Is it okay...? I didn't mean to do it, it just came out. I'm sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable." Seth said awkwardly.

"I call you Baby because I love you. Like you won't believe. And at the risk of scaring you off, I'm telling you now that I'm in love with you. Like, crazy in love with you. So, that's why I call you baby. Because  I love you. Very much. Ok?" Seth said softly, with a slight quiver in his voice. I stared at him. He took my hand and kissed it softly.

"So, Baby...can we order now?" Seth said tenderly as he looked at me with this weird look that seems to see my soul, and not just my face. I managed to croak a yes and we ordered. After the food arrived, I felt more relaxed because Seth seemed nervous just like me, so that reassured me somewhat. We had a great lunch as we fell into the easy banter we had before Airil started dating me. And it was so great. To have the old Seth back, with the bonus of him actually being in love with me now!

    When we were in the theatre, it was really cold. Seth was beside me. We sat at the couple's seat but Seth gave me some space coz he didn't want to smother me. If only he knew how much I wanted him to hold me. I watched the movie and unintentionally shivered. Just then, I felt a hand on my ice cold arm. I turned and Seth's face was a mere inch from mine.

"Baby, are you cold? Is..is it okay if I hold you?" Seth asked in a soft whisper, his sweet breath on my cheek. I nodded slowly. I felt the cushion dipped as Seth sat closer to me. I felt my heart raced like crazy as I felt Seth put his arms around me. I found my temple was against his shoulder. 1 arm was holding me while the other one was slowly brushing my exposed cold arm, smoothing the goosepimples off me, making me warm. I felt him inhale my hair and breathed out softly. Then as the movie progressed, I even felt his lips on my hair. I shivered deliciously as I gripped my sleeve. But that was it. Seth never pushed me to kiss him or to touch me inappropriately. He kept his hold on my arm and the kiss on my head. He held me throughout the movie and it was so comfortable. When the movie was over, Seth let me go just for a moment it took for us to leave the theatre. We walked out the theatre and Seth again took my hand. I followed him happily.