The Grouch

It was almost 2 AM when we got out of the 24 hours McDonalds. I walked out of the restaurant with the guys and Sally. Sally said goodbye and went to her car with Seth behind her. I walked with Airil towards his car when his phone suddenly rang. He took out his phone, glanced at me and walked away, putting the phone to his ear. I just waited by his car as I heard him speaking into the phone quietly. Just then, Seth walked towards his car after sending Sally to hers, which was right beside Airil's. He was opening his car door and ignoring me as usual when Airil came, frowning.

"Kay, I'm sorry, there's been an emergency. I gotta go. I can't send you home." Airil said in a rush. What? I looked at Airil, surprised.

"What's wrong Airil? What happened?" I asked but Airil didn't answer. Instead he went to Seth.

"Dude, send kay home for me please? I owe you, big time, ok?" Airil said as he opened his car door and drove away without waiting for Seth to reply. I stood there rooted as I watched Airil's car screeched out of the parking lot.

Seth looked after Airil's car which was driving away fast. He sighed and looked over at me. I avoided looking at him and turned to walk to the main road.

"where the hell are you going?" Seth asked after me. I did not even acknowledge Seth. There is no way I am sitting in the same car as Seth. It would be too unbearable. I walked on, looking around for a cab. Just then, I heard a car drove up beside me. I continued to walk.

"Get in. I'll send you home." Seth sad simply as he drove slowly beside me with the window open.

"No, it's ok. I'll just get a cab. "I said as I continued walking. The car screeched to a stop and the door slammed shut. Suddenly, someone grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to a stop. I looked over my shoulder and saw Seth's serious face.

"Hey, what the-"I started to say when Seth pushed me into his car. Hey, come on, you may despise me, but I am still a woman, ok. Thought as smoothed my redden arm. Seth got into the driver's seat and started driving, not saying a word. I sat as quietly as I could and just looked out the window. There were still many cars on the road and there were a few cabs, so it was not really dangerous for me to go back by cab. Seth really didn't need to send me back. I really would rather be in a cab than in this grave-like car. The only sound was the radio playing softly in the background. I didn't dare speak at all. Seth didn't like me, so I shouldn't make him hate me more.

I sneaked a peek at Seth who was driving. He looked relaxed and very2 good looking. Truthfully, I had a crush on him way before I met Airil, but I never dared entertain the thought of having him as a boyfriend. I mean, hello, I don't stand a chance. He looked like if Ji Chang Wook and Matt Bomer got married and had a baby. Why in the world would he like me? And now, with the way he was acting towards me, I guess he knew how I felt then and felt it was a bother, so tried to put a distance between us. I guess I made him gag. When Airil asked me out I was amazed. Airil was really cute, although he's not as crazy gorgeous as Seth. I guess Seth thought I wasn't good enough for his best friend. Suddenly the car stopped. I looked out the window. My house. How the heck did he remember where my house was? Even Airil just send me to my dorm, not my house. And how did he know I was a home since it's the weekend? I shook off my thoughts when I felt Seth became impatient.

"Erm, thanks. G'night." I said awkwardly. I opened the door and let myself out. As I walked to the gate, I saw Seth hadn't gone yet. He looked like he was looking for something in the glove compartment box. I shrugged and let myself into my house. When I closed the front door, I peeked a bit through the window. Seth finally drove away. I sighed as I trudged up the stairs as quietly as possible.