Seth hates me

I fumed. He is really getting on my nerves. Out of all of Airil's friends, Seth seems to hate me the most. Whenever Airil brings me along to hang out with them, Seth would be all annoyed and would either ignore me or insult me. I have no idea why. Airil has talked to him about it but to no avail. In the end, I just ignore his glare and harsh words.

It was weird how much Seth hates me. The best part is, I knew him before I knew Airil. We were in the same class, although he was my senior and he was the best looking guy in class. I had a tiny crush on him but I never dared do anything about it since he is sooo crazy good-looking and I'm pretty ordinary. At first, he was ok. He was civil, to put it mildly. But when Airil, his best friend asked me out, he made no secret that he hated the idea. And from that moment, he made me uncomfortable everytime Airil brought me to hang out with them. I always try to avoid spending any time with Seth, but Airil likes spending time with the guys so much. So, since he's my boyfriend, I have no choice but to follow him even when I hate the idea.

I walk beside Airil casually, avoiding Seth's glare. We sit side by side at the long table. Seth's other friend greet me warmly, as per usual, except Seth of course, who is busy stuffing his face with some fries. I ignore him and just sit beside Airil who is busy talking to Winnie, Darryl's sister. I sigh as I take a swig of the soda in front of me. I glance around the table. Airil's gang, all 5 of them are there. Most have their girlfriends with them, including Seth. Or I think it's his girlfriend. She's sitting beside him, but he's ignoring her, while playing with his phone. Sally, I think, so I start talking to her.

"Erm, hi, Sally right?" I ask.

"Yeah, Kay right? We're in Psych together." Sally says warmly.

"Yeah, that's right." I say with a smile.

"So, you're Airil's girlfriend, right? I heard a lot about you." Sally says.

"Oh, really? Airil talks about me?" I asks, flattered.

"Oh, err, well, Seth mentioned you a few times when we go out," Sally says.

"Oh, are you guys dating?" I asks.

"Yeah, we are. I've had a crush on him for like, ages. He's like the nicest guy I've ever dated. It's weird and rare for such a hot guy to be this nice." Sally says with a shy smile. I was mildly surprised. Seth, nice? Err, seriously?

"Oh, really? How great for you. Congratulations." I say with a smile. Sally just twitters.

"Kay, I've gotta go to the toilet." Airil says suddenly. I nodded absently.

"Sally, do you want some more drinks? You've finished yours." Seth says suddenly. I look over to them. Seth is looking at her and speaking nicely. Sally twitters girlishly and nods. Seth is about to get up when I say suddenly,

"Seth, can you get me a lemonade, please?" I asks as nicely as I could. I look at him with innocent eyes. Like a drowning kitty. He barely glance at me as he mumbles, "Get it yourself" and is gone. I swallowed my embarrassment and stands up, ignoring Sally's pitying look. I stands up and walks to the counter to order my drinks. At the counter my stomach growls. I felt hungry all of a sudden.

I felt a tingling and looked to my right side. Seth was there, ordering drinks for him and Sally. I ignore him as I give my order. The waiter takes my order and prepares them. I ordered a cheeseburger with beef bacon, fries and coke. As I pay for my food, an annoying voice pipes in.

"It's 10 pm and you're still hungry?" Seth said with a sneering smile. He then waltzed to our table, leaving me fuming at the counter. I took my food and stomped to our table, ignoring Seth totally.

That's how it is every time Airil brings me out to hang with the guys. I don't know what happened. The first time Seth and I met, we were actually pretty close. He's my senior so he gives me all of his old notes and he never insulted me. He may look reserved and quiet, but he was never callous and nasty. Like he is now. It all started when I first went out with Airil. I guess he thinks I'm not good enough for Airil, who is his childhood friend.