Three

•Actions speak louder than words•
.
.
.
.
.

Onwards;

Alejandro rubbed his creased forehead slightly as his men gave him a detailed explanation of Paul's empty warehouse.
"Was there anything left behind?"
The man in charge of the expedition shook his head, "There was nothing, not a trace."
Alejandro waved his hand dismissing them and sighed deeply. Suddenly Ben walked in with a grim expression on his face.

"Paul is asking for a meeting, this afternoon at four. He's coming to meet you here." Alejandro nodded and leaned back into his chair.
This whole situation was shit.
But before Ben could leave he turned back, "I knew you were against it from before..... her even being here...."
Alejandro sat up, "But Allegro and I were wondering if you'd give her a room..."

Alejandro scoffed, "She's not staying here for that long!"
"So that's a no then?"
Alejandro rolled his eyes, "what do you think?"
Ben smirked, "that you'll think about it"

~*~

Alejandro ran his fingers through his hair as Paul slammed his fists down on the table.
"Bloody hell Martini! What the fuck did your family do to piss off Casió!"
"The man will stop at nothing to see to it that your business if destroyed!"
"And sorry son but I don't want any part of it.... the deal we had is terminated."
Paul picked up his jacket and walked out and there was nothing Alejandro could do to stop him.

Allegro entered shortly after with a questioning look on his face.
"The deal is off" Alejandro muttered before Allegro could say anything.
"We need to find Casió" Alejandro leaned forward.
"Tell Ben to get into contact with Kela. I want a meeting later this week"
Allegro gave him a disapproving look, "Kela was never a friend of ours Alejandro.... I don't know what you're thinking...."

"I'm thinking logically. We need to have alliances....
"And Kela is a good one!" Allegro cut him off.
"Father made Kela an enemy years ago what makes you think he'd align himself with his son?"
"We'll come together for the common good of killing Casió"
Allegro furrowed his eyebrows, "That's your plan?"
"Along with five million dollars"

Allegro chuckled, "that's what I thought..."

Alejandro couldn't sleep.
Nightmares had plagued him tonight and he was in no hurry to return to bed. His idle footsteps made it down the stairs and he poured himself a glass of water. Trailing the halls only to see the woman fighting to get off her bed. He watched as she leaned back her body falling sideways off the bed. His instincts rushed in as he burst threw the door and latched onto her body.
What was he doing in the hospital anyway....

He held her closely making sure not to touch her bandage, that definitely needed changing.
Her body shivered at his touch but he ignored it.
"What were you thinking!" He yelled.
She seemed stunned, "I was thinking to get myself something to eat since I haven't eaten all day!"
Alejandro rolled his eyes, "Didn't Harley bring you food!" He was losing patience.
Her large blue eyes narrowed at him, "Harley is busy these days.... tending to men who seemed to have been in war! Say, what do you do here?"

Alejandro ignored her, "You shouldn't have gotten out of the bed!" His voice was harsh.
The woman, Lilly rolled her eyes, "you can't tell me what...."
"You made the wound bleed!" He signaled to her stomach that was wrapped in what used to be white bandages but were now red.
Lilly sat up cursing, Alejandro rummaged through the supplies and as soon as he found what he was looking for he turned to her.

"Sit up."
Lilly frowned, "I can't asshole you saw what happened last time."
Alejandro rested his hands on her body and lifted her up so she was upright and a blush flooded her cheeks at his touch. He took the scissors and cut the bandages and stared at the wound. He touched the top of it sitting dazed. He'd caused that....
He took the disinfectant and dabbed it over the wound and she winced in pain.

"Jesus! A little warning wouldn't have hurt!" She screamed digging her hands into the bed.
When he was done he bandaged her up and stood up staring blankly at her.
"Thank you." She touched the clean bandage.
He only nodded leaving to go to the kitchen and returning with a chicken sandwich which he made but she didn't need to know that.

Her eyes raised as he entered and he handed her the sandwich.
"Thanks" she bit into it immediately and groaned.
"It taste so good. Tell the chef it's amazing"
He smiled inwardly before leaving her to her food. He swiveled his heel at the doorway, "About shooting you.... sorry about that."

He didn't wait for her answer, he just left.

~*~

Alejandro stood in the shooting range and shot three bullets straight threw the head of the dummy.
"Releasing some anger I see....." Ben stood leaning against the frame.
"I called Kela......"
Alejandro creased his forehead, "and..."
"He's agreed to meet you, only he wants to meet you on his terms...."
Alejandro cut Ben off, "Fine. When and where."

Ben sent his friend a confused look, "You're aren't seriously doing this are you?"
"I asked you a question Ben!"
Ben shook his head, "Friday at Lincoln Avenue for midnight"
Alejandro chuckled, "the strip club?"
Ben turned serious, "this is no laughing matter Alejandro! That place is crawling with his men and he wants you alone..."

Alejandro turned his attention back to the dummy he was shooting, "Then I'll be alone."
"Is that all?"
Ben shook his head, "The money, he wants ten million instead..."
"Motherfucker" Alejandro shook his head.
"Have Allegro handle the money."
Ben crossed his arms, "This isn't a good idea!"
"At all!"

"Don't be a pussy Ben!"
"There has to be another way Alejandro... getting into business with Kela could be dangerous!"
"Dangerous is the life we live-"
"Stop fucking quoting him! You are not him!"
Alejandro sent daggers his way, "he raised me. I am him."

Ben scoffed, "Fuck that!" Ben trailed off.
"Allegro was right...."
Alejandro raised his eyebrows, "About?"
Ben shook his head, "Nothing."
He said quietly before leaving him.