022

(Baekhyun's POV)

Today was a good day. Chanyeol and i did so many fun things. Things we used to do as children. It was the best birthday ever. I smiled to myself as Chanyeol drove us back to his house. His hand held mine, his fingers entwined with mine. A huge grin was plastered on his face.

We pulled into his driveway. The sky was dark. He got out and came around to my side of the car. He opened my door and offered me his hand and i took it. He pulled me up and let go of my hand, offering his arm instead. I took it and giggled as he led me up to his house. The inside of his house was dark.

He unlocked the door slowly. He took a deep breath and pushed the door open. As soon as i stepped inside, the lights flashed on and people jumped up from everywhere.

"SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAEKHYUN!!" All my friends yelled loudly. I nearly jumped out of my skin. Everyone started laughing and clapping. Someone placed a birthday hat on my head and shoved a piece of cake in my hands.

Chanyeol's hand make rest on my lower back. "Happy Birthday my love." He bent down and kissed me.

"You did all this for me?" I asked against his lips. He drew away.

"Of course. I'd do anything for you because you're my everything. I hope you like it."

"Like it?! Like it?! I love it! I love you! I love you so much!" I threw my arms around his neck, throwing my cake in the process. My lips landed on Chanyeol's and he spun me around like a princess.

Jongdae's shout of anger made us disconnect the kiss and look at him, stiffling giggles. His hands were balled into fists and cake was sliding down his face. It was all in his dark brown hair too. Minseok giggled and spun Jongdae so he was facing him.

He laughed and licked the cake from Jongdae's face like Jongdae was an icecream cone. Minseok licked Jongdae's face until it was spotless. They had been slowly leaning back and now Minseok was on top of a very giddy Jongdae. He rested his hands on Minseok's rear and Minseok kissed him full on in the mouth.

I turned back to Chanyeol. He put me down and grabbed my hand, leading me to a microphone.

"First off," everyone quieted and Minseok peeled himself from Jongdae, opting to sit next to him. Jongdae pulled Minseok into his lap stubbornly, longing for skin ship.

"First off," Chanyeol started again. "i'd like to say thank you to everyone for coming. and than you to everyone that helped, mainly Minseok, Luhan, and Kyungsoo who set this whole thing up." he motioned to the three and their boyfriends all squeezed them tightly, obviously proud.

"And to the best person in the world, my world, my one and only, whom i could not live without," my cheeks turned red as Chanyeol held me by my waist. "Byun Baekhyun, Happy 20th birthday. I love you more than life itself." he pulled my by my waist to kiss me. everyone started clapping. i put my hand to his lips, stopping him.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked in a low voice so the microphone wouldn't pick it up. the other couples were kissing and distracted. "Why are you doing this when you know what's going to happen in a week?"

"Geez Baekhyun. Just enjoy it." He sounded a little pissed. "Live in the moment, not the future. Live while doing things you enjoy." he leaned down. i looked up at him through my eyelashes. as our lips met, i closed my eyes and breathed softly into his mouth. the kiss was sweet, with no lust or desire behind it. it was just a sweet kiss. everyone started applauding and whooping as the lights dimmed and the music started. he broke the kiss and placed his forehead against mine.

"I love you." he whispered, his breath ghosting my nose.

"I love you too." i whispered back. we shared another sweet kiss.

we slowly danced. it was romantic and our foreheads never disconnected. the music stopped and everyone clapped. he pulled away but still held my small hands in his big ones. I noticed Kyungsoo and Luhan dimming the lights and Minseok turning on a soft spotlight, directed on us.

Chanyeol bent down on one knee, still holding my hands. "Baekhyun," he began, his voice shaking slightly. He cleared his throat.

"Baekhyun, i have loved you forever." everyone quieted. "And i want to spend whatever time we have left with no one but you. I will promise to protect you no matter what opposes you." A lump formed in my throat.

"Byun Baekhyun..."

he pulled out a ring box.

"...will you..."

i felt the tears fill my eyes and spill onto my cheeks.

"...marry me?"

----

Hey yall

so i lied

im updating on Christmas

sorry its a short chapter

its like 800 some odd words.

thats shorter than my other chapters

i hope you all had a good Christmas

i certainly did

tell me in the comments what your favorite present is

im anxious to know

i hope yall enjoyed this chapter

Saranghae!

----