=>We Can Work It Out<=

3 days later...

Kathy was still sulking in her bed. She has so much bad blood towards her mum that she refused to talk to her.

'How could she do this? How could she force me to get engaged to someone who makes me wanna rip my hair out?', she thought to herself.

A knock startled her from her thoughts.

"Kathy, honey. Paul is gonna fetch you. Better have your bags packed, dear.", her mum said from the other side of the door.

"No, I don't want to get married to that big-ass jerk.", she murmured, but apparently, her mum had the ears of an elephant.

"Well, you don't have a choice now, do you?", Gina said.

She sighed. This was the day when she would start living with her fiancé, even though she despised him.

She once thought of leaving home and never showing her face again, but she cared too much for her mother. She wouldn't do that to her, not after her dad left.

Kathy exited her bedroom, bags in hand, and made her way downstairs. She sat in the living room and awaited for Paul to arrive.

Her mum followed shortly behind. She had the biggest smile on her face.

"My little girl's growing up.", she says, and strokes her daughter's brown hair.

"Don't worry, Paul's a good lad. I'm sure you too will get along.", she added. Kathy mustered a smile, though it appeared to be fake.

Beep! Beep!

They both rose to their feet and made their way to the door. Gina hugged her daughter one last time.

"I'll see you on your wedding day.", she whispered loud enough for only Kathy to hear.

Paul came inside and greeted Gina, making eye contact with Kathy in the process. He offered to carry Kathy's bags, and loaded them in the car.

Kathy followed suit and Paul opened the door for her, smiling at her gently. She mused his actions.

"Bye, you two! Have fun but not too much fun!", Gina winked.

"Mum!", Kathy yelled, embarrassed, to which Paul just laughed loudly at.

"Oh, we'll see about that.", Paul whispered with a wink. Kathy just looked at him weirdly.

They took off and on went their journey to their new home.

The ride was silent, the only noise being the music coming from Paul's radio.

"Sorry if the music's shitty. I haven't been able to download some new songs yet.", said Paul, trying to make small talk. Kathy just nodded, still a bit uncomfortable towards him.

"You know, if we're going to get married soon, we have to start acting like it.", he remarked. Kathy just sighed.

"So what? I should kiss you and make you breakfast and all that shit?", she answered. Paul just smiled at her. Something in her has amused him since they were kids.

He tore his eyes off the road and leaned towards her, making Kathy give him a puzzled look.

"What in the world are you doing?", she asked him, but Paul just kept leaning in, closing his eyes and having a teasing look on his handsome face.

She finally caught on.

"No, no, no, mister! I will not tolerate you- look out!"

Kathy never got to finish her speaking as a car was speeding their way. She panicked, and Paul did, as well.

He immediately steered away and they were safe once again. The woman calmed down a bit before punching him on the shoulder repeatedly.

"You maniac! What were trying to do, leaning in like that?! You could've gotten us killed, you insignificant twat!", Kathy yelled harsh words at the boy.

Paul stayed silent, but deep inside, he was dying of laughter. Yeah, sure he messed up, but the look on Kathy's face was definitely worth it.

After hours of them arguing here and there (mostly Kathy), they finally reached their new home. And to tell you, beautiful was an understatement.

Paul stepped out quickly and opened the door for his soon-to-be wife. Kathy noticed this but shrugged it off for she was still pissed at him.

She took one look at the house and this was all she could say, "Wow."

Paul watched her take everything in. He found her adorable.

"Pretty neat, huh? I may not like Sam that much, but I appreciate him giving this house to us.", Paul said. Kathy just looked at him and rolled her eyes.

"What?", he asked. She said nothing and stated opening the trunk to get her luggage.

"Okay, okay, I'll take care of that.", Paul stopped her. He may be a jerk, but he wasn't letting a lady carry her own bags.

"Let me do it, Paul.", Kathy told him. He shook his head.

"No. It's my job to handle your bags. Besides, you're too weak, anyway.", he added with a smirk.

Kathy's eyes bulged out of her head. 'He did not just call me weak!', she thought to herself.

So, she smacked him, gave him the finger and made her way to their new house, leaving Paul behind.

He just smiled to himself.

"This is gonna be interesting."