Chapter 8 - The Truth Be Told

Start from the beginning

•••

When it was almost nine o'clock, Alexia slipped on her shoes and crept out of the Slytherin Dugeon. The Astronomy Tower was probably the most furtherest away place in the castle from the Dungeons, so it took Alexia a while to reach the steps that led to it. Having to look over her shoulder every minute to check Filch or Mrs Norris weren't there didn't help either, not that it mattered majorly; she knew very well how to charm Filch into letting her go without a punishment.

Alexia climbed the spiraling flight of stairs to reach the top of the tower which was completely isolated. The frosty air was cold, and Alexia was glad she had put on a pair of stockings as a last minute decision. She wandered over towards the railing and tilted her head backward to look up at the beautiful sky, littered with tiny silver stars. She always loved stargazing, and although Astronomy wasn't one of her stronger subjects, she very much enjoyed spending nights at the Astronomy Tower as part of her schooling.

In the silence, she heard footsteps on the stairs. She turned to see the shadow of her boyfriend standing in front of the giant telescope in the centre of the tower.

"Sorry I'm late, I almost got caught by Filch and had to go the long way." Blaise said in a deep voice that didn't quite sound like his own.

"That's okay," said Alexia, moving towards him and locking his lips with hers. Blaise dropped the small basket he was holding beside him, then kissed Alexia passionately. He kissed her like nothing else in the world mattered; only her and him. He kissed her like it was the last kiss he would have with her forever... maybe it would be...

When the two slowly pulled away, they sat down together on one of the benches near the railing. Blaise opened the basket and took out two plates; on one was a Treacle Tart and the other was filled with small peices of Crystallized Pineapple.

"I know it's not much but it's all I could get," Blaise apologised.

"It's perfect, Blaise." Alexia responded with a smile despite the fact that the golden syrup, which was the dominant smell from the sweet sticky tart, made her feel slightly uneasy in the stomach. She thought Blaise knew that.

Blaise took a silver knife and cut the Treacle Tart into several small pieces and then took a piece for himself. Alexia avoided the tart and instead nibbled on a piece of Crystallized Pineapple.

"You look wonderful Alexia," said Blaise kindly.

"Thank you," Alexia replied, "It's lovely here. The night sky's so beautiful," she sighed staring up at the sky.

"It is." Blaise agreed sounding almost distracted.

Alexia turned back to him. His dark, slanting eyes were squinting at the sky, almost as if he was desperately waiting to spot a shooting star and make a well-needed wish. The chill of the night air was creeping up on Alexia, causing her to shiver unexpectedly. The movement distracted Blaise from his search and his head snapped back to Alexia.

"Are you cold?" He asked.

"No-" She started, but Blaise had already given her his black scarf.

She took it, but stopped him from taking off his jacket, "Keep that on." She said. Blaise hesitated, but then slowly shrugged the jacket back on.

The two sat in quiet for a few minutes. Alexia really wanted to wait and tell Blaise what she wanted to tell him towards the end of their date, but with no conversation or any ideas of what to talk about coming to mind, she decided why not tell him now.

"I want to tell you something," she started.

"I want to tell you something too." Blaise said.

Excitement rose in the pit of Alexia's stomach and she had a feeling that she was wearing the expression of a small child receiving a large Christmas present. Was what Blaise wanted to tell her the same as what she wanted to tell him? If it was, she wanted to be the one to tell him first.