Chapter 5: The disappearance

(m/n)'s POV

Run! Why didn't I run fast enough?! Hide! Why didn't I hide well enough?! Help! It's too late!

A few months have passed since Kaneki and I started dating and today he hasn't answered any of my calls. I decide to call and ask Hide. He picks up but sounds panicked.

(m/n): Hide? What's wrong?

Hide: You have to hide! Ok don't look at anyone and just ru-

The connection cuts out. I try calling back but it says the number is not available. I start getting a bit worried. I go to open the door but someone opens it before me. It's Kaneki but his hair is white and he is covered in blood.

Kaneki: I'm here (m/n)~. I've come to save you~.

He looks a bit taller and he looks down at me creepily. I run and try to escape through the back door.

First mistake. I ran too late. I didn't run soon enough. This is the first mistake I made on this horrific day.

I escape and run along the crowded sidewalks. I trip a few times but don't stop running no matter how tired I am or how much my lungs burn. I hide in an alleyway and cover my mouth, trying to quiet my breathing.

Second mistake. I hide to early. I should have run more. My second mistake.

I hear screaming and a dead woman's body is flung into the alley. Tears appear in the corners of my eyes.

Kaneki: (m/n)~. Come out and I won't have to kill anyone else~.

I stop breathing. I hold it in and I look around the corner.

Third mistake. I wanted to look. I shouldn't have. My third mistake.

Kaneki: There you are my love~.

I take a deep breath and run. I run and run until I find myself in a dead end. I turn around and see him. Tears start falling down my cheeks.

(m/n): K-Kaneki...

Kaneki: What~?

(m/n): Wh-where have you been t-today...? Wh-why are you covered in b-blood...?

Kaneki: Some things happened. You don't really need to know.

(m/n): K-Kaneki... you're being really scary...

He walks up to me and rubs my cheek with his bloody thumb. I just stand still.

Forth mistake. Why did I let him touch me? I don't know. My forth mistake.

Kaneki: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you but I had to do some things.

CCG officer 1: Hey! Ghoul!

CCG officer 2: Back away from the boy!

Kaneki sighs and looks at me apologetically.

Kaneki: Sorry about this (m/n). I hope you can forgive me when you wake up.

He grabs my hair and smashes my head against the wall. I fall unconscious.

Goodbye. It's too late for me. I'm sorry Hide. Your attempt at saving me was all for nothing. Please forgive me.