Chapter 2: The incident

A/N: ' means someone is whispering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaneki's POV

He will be mine. No one can have him but me.

While your arm heals, from when you protected me from (b/n), I help you with notes. There is a pain in my chest. It's unbearable. I blame myself for your injury. I tried many times afterwards to apologize but you always said it was your choice to help me.

Kaneki: (m/n)-

(m/n): Please Kaneki. Please don't apologize.

Kaneki: But-

You grab my hand with your good arm.

(m/n): Look. I get it. You're the type of person who blames themselves when someone gets hurt protecting them. But. I. Am. Ok. It's healing. I'm gonna be ok. So. Please. Don't. Apologize.

Kaneki: Actually I was going to ask if I could come over to your apartment.

(m/n): Oh. Sure. You don't have to ask that. You're welcome over anytime.

*time skip*

I walk into your apartment and your smile. Oh your smile. It's so soft and gentle. What makes it better is that I know it's for me.

You are my sunshine. I'll kill anyone who dares hurt or try to steal my sunshine. You are my sunshine. You are mine.

(m/n): So why'd you want to come over?

Kaneki: I wanted to know why you've been depressed and why you have jumped to conclusions lately. Is it because of me?

(m/n): No. It's because this incident reminds me of another time I was cut.

Kaneki: You were-?!

You cover my mouth.

(m/n): Shh.

I nod and you remove your hand.

(m/n): Yeah. This isn't the first time. I think it was... maybe 3 years ago. I was walking home after running an errand for my dad. All of the sudden I was surrounded by a group of bullies from my high school. I was young and emotionally unstable so my dad told me to not let them see they got to me. So that's what I did. I remember it so vividly. They got angry because they didn't see me getting scared. One of them, I think he was the leader, pulled out a knife and held it to my throat. I started getting scared and I started crying for my mom and dad. They were laughing and having the best damn time of their lives.

I clear my throat. I don't exactly like cursing.

(m/n): Sorry. Anyway. A police officer drove by and they got scared when he yelled at them. They started running away and the guy with the knife cut my shoulder, pretty darn close to my neck. I blacked out pretty much instantly. I woke up in the hospital with my worried parents. My dad was like you and keep apologizing over and over again.

You chuckle.

(m/n): So yeah. Not the first time but it's sent me into another state of depression like the first did. Now that's a secret, ok? I haven't told anyone but you, so could you keep it a secret?

Kaneki: Yeah. Thanks for trusting me with that. It makes me happy.

The pain in my chest lightens. You smile at me and I can't control myself. I kiss you and your eyes widen. You close your eyes and let me kiss you. The need for air eventually came around and I pull away for air.

(m/n): I wasn't expecting that from you Kaneki.

I blush.

Kaneki: W-was it not good?

(m/n): I wouldn't know. That was my first kiss after all.

I blush even more.

A sweet scent. Perfect body. Hot smile. He's mine. I'll protect him. Just as he has protected the weak me. I long for the day we can do it.

Kaneki: Mine t-too...

You hug me with your good arm.

(m/n): Is this what I think it is?

Kaneki: Depends.

You chuckle.

(m/n): You wanna date me right?

Kaneki: Maybe.

You lean to my ear.

(m/n): 'I love you, you adorable dork.'

Kaneki: 'I love you too, my guardian angel.'

Those three words. We utter them tenderly to each other, adding our own little nickname for the other. Sitting together in your arms, I wish this moment would last forever. I feel your warmth. I feel safe.

(m/n): We don't have school tomorrow. You wanna stay the night?

Kaneki: I'd love to.

(m/n): Let's go then my prince.

You pick me up bridal style and lay me on your bed. You take off your pants and socks. You notice my blush.

(m/n): I usually sleep naked but because I have a feeling that would make you uncomfortable I won't tonight.

I gulp. You crawl under the covers.

(m/n): Go on. Get comfy. Take whatever you want off. I don't *yawn* mind.

I slowly nod and take my pants and socks off, like you, and get in bed.

You hug me and fall asleep. I have trouble sleeping. I feel a certain something get hot.

Kaneki: (Oh no!)

I blush and it gets worse cause you're breathing against my neck.

Kaneki: (I'm gonna die.)

Do you hate me, I wonder. You fight me at times. "Don't you see I'm trying to help you? I'm keeping you safe from the world. How do you not understand this." You just shiver in the corner with your head resting on your knees, back turned to me. Why... I've done everything for you...(m/n)...