Chapter 1: The start

A/N: Hi! This is my first story. Hope you enjoy!

(h/l) = Hair length

(h/c)=  Hair color

(b/n)= Bully's name

(n/n)= Nurse's name

(m/n)= your male name

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(m/n)'s POV

It's weird. It's scary. I don't know what to do.

Lately I've been getting notes at my apartment door. They always have "From your secret admirer ❤️" on the front. I usually don't even read them. I show them to my two friends, Hide and Kaneki. I told them that I think they're staying secretive because I'm gay. Yeah I like boys. So what? Love is love no matter the gender right? You should be able to love whoever you want and not be criticized for it. Genders are just labels anyway.

Hide: Dude. Seriously? More lovey dovey notes?

(m/n): I know. But it's not that surprising.

Hide: Why?

I flip my (h/l)(h/c) with my hand.

(m/n): I'm the hottest boy here.

Hide: No way! That's me!

(m/n): Hide. Hide. Hide. Poor, dumb, energetic Hide. Do you have a brain?

I flick his forehead.

Hide: Yeah! And it says I'm the hottest!

Kaneki laughs as we fight back and forth on who is the hottest.

We had fun. We laughed and played together as friends. I was happy with the way things were. Why were you not pleased? You seemed happy too most of the time. Besides. I was there to stand up for you. But... maybe that was the problem...

(b/n): Hey bookworm!

The bully pushes Kaneki to the ground.

(m/n): Hey leave my friend alone!

Kaneki: (m/n). I'm fine, let's not get involved.

(m/n): No! I will not stand by and let my friends be bullied!

(b/n): Oh yeah? Why don't you join him then gay faggot!

He tries to push me but I dodge and trip him. He groans in pain and I turn to my friends.

(m/n): Problem solved.

People who were watching start laughing and giggling at (b/n).

(b/n): I will not be made a fool of!

Hide: (M/N)! LOOK OUT!

I turn and block (b/n)'s pocket knife with my arm. I fall to the ground and the last thing I see, before I black out due to pain, is a teacher running to stop (b/n) from stabbing me to death out of rage.

I don't understand it. I don't like it. It's unfair. "Think of me as you do this! How do you think I feel?!" You don't hear me. You only hear your own lust.

I wake up in the nurses office with Hide pacing and Kaneki sitting beside me with a worried expression. I sit up and wince at the shooting pain in my arm.

Hide: Woah there (m/n). Take it easy.

Kaneki's hand is placed on mine.

Kaneki: I'm so sorry I got you involved!

I pat his head and give him a close eyed smile.

(m/n): Don't worry Kaneki. It's was my choice to help you.

Hide: (b/n) got kicked out of Kamii. He's in a lot of trouble with the police. He got what he deserved.

(m/n): Yeah.

(n/n): Oh good. You're awake (m/n). You should take it easy on your arm for a while. I've already informed your teachers.

(m/n): Thank you.

She smiles and nods.

(m/n): Guess that means no notes for me. Could you help me with that Kaneki? We have the same classes so win win eh?

I smile at him and he smiles back.

I plead and beg for you to let me go. My mind full of fear. "YOU'RE MINE!" He screams at me and I cry. I pray for a savior every night. None came for me. Does no one care that I'm gone? No. Everyone who knew me is just... DEAD.