Chapter 9

"I really wish you'd stop being such a bitch all the time!"

"Maybe I wouldn't be such a bitch if you would stop disrespecting me in my own home!"

"Now ladies, I'm sure there is a civil way to get through thi-"

"That bitch couldn't be civil if she tried!"

"Me? Not civil? I've tried that before but you constantly fight me I don't even have time to be civil!"

"I gave you a chance to be civil when I cut my hair but all you did was get mad and ground me!"

"Well you ran away before I could get anything in! I could have been very civil."

"No you couldn't have! I wish I hadn't come down here I hate you!"

"You don't mean tha-"

"No, Dad, I do mean that.  Stay out of it."

"Don't talk to your father like that."

"I'll talk to him however I damn want!"

"Cas-"

"Not under my roof you won't!"

"Case-"

"Your roof!? Since when has it been your roof? It's probably from your sugar daddy, you don't pay a dime!"

"CASEY OH MY GOD." Everyone goes silent turns toward a ghostly pale Skylar with wide eyes. "Let's go out to the car and take a breather, ya?" She stiffly gets up and drags me out to the car.

"What the fuck Skylar I was in the middle of something!"

"If by 'in the middle of something' you mean fighting with your mom, you can definitely take a permanent break from that."

"Skylar I'd love to say you're my rock and you can just fix my family issues by yourself, but that's just not how it works." I say in a slightly mocking soft tone, taking her hand. She scowls and yanks her hand out of mine.

"I don't think I can fix anything at all, it's just I think fighting is utterly pointless and there is no use in doing it. You invited me to spend a nice week with your family, not fight with your parents. I'm not trying to tell you what to do; I just think that you should apologize, or we can leave. You can drop me off home, and I will promptly ignore you for a while." She crosses her arms sternly as I feel a flare of anger rise up my throat.

"You can't just do that! What happens between me and my family has nothing to do with you. weather I apologize to my mom or not shouldn't effect us." I watch as Skylar's face gets warped by anger.

"I'm dating you, that means I'm dating everything about you; no matter how personal. If you ever expect us to get any closer you have to let me. You can't act selfishly anymore, you are sharing your life with me.  If you expect me to stay out of your family matters you shouldn't ever think I might be part of yours." Skylar opens the car door and gets out, wrapping her arms around herself against the wind as she walks down the street. I can't say our relationship has been paradise. It seemed that way in the beginning, but since then it's just been fighting. She says I have a hard time being vulnerable, which is totally untrue I've been damn vulnerable with her and yet she still calls me out for it.

I watch as she stomps down the road towards the park. I guess I should go after her, but the heat of anger still pumps through my system so I think it would be best to let her go. The large amount of fighting in our relationship could be partially due to how quickly we went into this. I was already in love the week we met. We were already girlfriend status not even two weeks after meeting. And then after that fact, we just don't know each other. We interact like people who have known each other for years, but we in fact know virtually nothing about each other. I don't know her personality that well, or what makes her tick or what she hates or what she likes. I am basically in a relationship with a stranger.