Chapter 5 (under construction)

Skylar takes my hand and pulls me into her house. I am greeted by a lived in and homey entry way with a coat rack filled with jackets. Skylar kicks off her shoes and briskly walks deeper into the house. I clumsily take my shoes off and throw them in a pile. I smell bacon as I walk into the kitchen, where I find Skylar standing eerily next to her parents in a neat row.

I look around nervously then look back at the family. They are all made entirely out of bacon. The smell of bacon is overwhelming.

"Hello Casey." They croon simultaneously.  "Welcome to our home." I look around again in a panic, their entire kitchen has changed into bacon. The floor, the stove, the sink, all made of bacon. The smell of bacon is causing me to feel faint. The  bacon people walk closer to me, no longer of any resemblance to their former human selves. I back away, looking around for the door I came from, but there were none. I am trapped.

The bacon people back me into the corner, and I am in a panic.

"Stay back! Don't touch me!" I scream. They extend their bacon hands to me, and start chanting my name.

"Casey"
"Casey"
"Casey"
"CASEY"
I'm jerked awake by Parker yelling my name.

"Jesus, you sleep harder than someone in a coma." Parker stands next to my bed, wearing his pink apron, his hip popped out to the side. It still smelled intensely of bacon, but not in my dream. " I made breakfast, bacon and pancakes. Come and eat before it gets cold."  Parker struts out of the room, leaving me dazed.

My clothes from they day before are wet with sweat, since I forgot to take them off before I fell asleep. I obviously was too tired to take anything off because my hat is on the pillow next to me, and my jacket is still on. I am also still wearing socks, which I feel is a sin in itself because why would you ever wear socks to bed. I guess I had only taken off my shoes before falling into bed, dog tired.

I get out of bed and take off my jacket, throwing it on the floor with my other dirty laundry. Making my way to the bathroom, I take off my socks and shove on the pair of pink fuzzy slippers Parker bought me for my birthday. I reach around the side of the door frame to flip on the light before entering the bathroom, in case of ghosts or toilet witches in the dark; toilet witches hate the light I'll have you know.

I brush my teeth and haphazardly try and brush my hair into something manageable, only to give up and throw it into a little bun on the top of my head. I splash my tired face with water, still trying to shake off the weird dream. I place my hands steadily on the countertop and lean into them. I stare at my face in the mirror.

My light purple eye bags aren't as bad today seeming as I got to sleep in. Today is my day off and I am very grateful. My dull grey eyes look back at me from the mirror. I never can figure out why people think they are cool. No one chooses grey as their favorite color. When you ask someone what the most boring color is, they usually say grey. I don't get it.

I rub my hands over my eyes, wiping away any sleep that still rested there, and exited the bathroom. Making my way down the hall to the kitchen, I drag my feet lazily across the carpet. Parker is scuffling across the kitchen in slippers that match mine, carrying two plates of stacked pancakes and bacon.

"Finally, princess Casey decides to show up after sleeping in very late." Park set down the plate in front of me just as I sit down. "Eat up, you already took too long so it's not piping hot anymore." He plops down across from me and pulls his phone out. I watch him scroll through whatever he was looking at, stopping every once and a while to read something and shove a couple bites of pancake in his mouth.

I shovel the light, fluffy, crafted with love pancakes into my mouth; then reluctantly munch the bacon down too.

"Your phone is ringing." Parker says without looking up from his phone. The quiet whisper of  Single Ladies by Beyoncé plays down the hall as I leap up to answer. I sprint down the hall and to my bedside table. The caller ID is Skylar and she's requesting a face time.  I slam the accept button and am greeted by her beaming face. My face looks like absolute trash compared to her smooth complexion and soft waves that fall gently around her face.