Chapter 8 (under construction)

The sound of a gong followed by ocean waves from the large speakers mounted on the wall makes me jump. Skylar's aunt inhales deeply and her eyes flutter open.

"Skylar! It's so great to see you! I was just finishing up savasana." She picks herself up from the floor and stretches her arms over her head.

"Hey Auntie! I think you scared Casey here. She probably thought you were dead." Her aunt laughs and pulls her into a big bear hug. After ruffling Skylar's hair she turns towards me with her arms wide open. I step towards her hesitantly and she pulls me into her chest.

"I'm glad your here, Skylar has told me a lot about you." She cups my face gently before pulling away and waltzing out the room. I glance towards Skylar.

"What did you tell her about me?"I ask as I close the distance between us. She wraps her arms loosely around my waist.

"Not a lot, I mostly just showed her your your stupid tumblr blog and the pictures I took of you while you slept."

"Uh, creepy?"

                                   ...

I wake to the pitter patter of rain on the roof, which is an unfamiliar yet calming noise, considering I've lived in Cali all my life. I mean ya, it does rain in Cali but not all that often. I've learned to love it when it does. I feel soft warm breath wash over my partially exposed back, and two fists press lightly into my back as if to keep contact without overheating. My back feels ghosts of trails blazed by Skylar's fingers from the late night whispers and doodles against my skin.

Somehow I don't feel that we're missing intimacy. I used to think that the only way to get or give intimacy was through having sex, but I have found that is not at all the case. I found intimacy in midnight chats and letting my walls down, in laying in silence with our fingers intertwined and staring into each others eyes. I found it in the way Skylar asked if we could play a game of "what am I drawing on your back" and resisting the pull of eyelids as the soft dancing of her fingers traced shapes across my back. And surprisingly, I am perfectly content with that.

Skylar's fists unfurl and her warm palms spread across my back. Her arm snakes around my torso and pulls me in flush to her body. I feel kisses walk up my neck and one final one on my cheek.

"Morning gorgeous." Skylar whispers in a sort of sarcastic tone, propping herself up on her elbow to see my face. I crane my neck so our faces are but inches from each other. I smile and mumble a morning to her ruffled hair and smudged mascara. She leans down and quickly pecks my lips before flinging herself over my body and getting out of bed.

"Big day today," she says stretching her arms over her head. Her hair fluffs around her face and she adjusts her green bird onesie. "We are going to do something fun today. Remember, we're still going to all my favorite places." I smile and nod excitedly as Skylar reaches in her suitcase and chucks a pink wad of fuzzy fabric at my head. The wad of fabric turns out to be a matching pink version of Skylar's onesie.

"Oh my god, this is amazing holy crap." I flop around on the bed trying to put on the onesie without getting up.

"Well, I thought we needed matching onesies so I got you one. It's cute right? Matches your hair."

"This is mine? As in I can keep it?"

"Yes ma'am all yours." I quickly lumber over the bed on all fours in excitement and pull Skylar into a hug. "Thank you holy crap this is the best thing anyone has ever given me." Skylar gasps as I squeeze her tightly.

"Really? It's not a big deal. Just a onesie. Let's head downstairs."
I follow Skylar into a little rustic kitchen with a red fridge, refurbished wood counters and a little window box full of spices. Skylar starts flitting around the kitchen gathering supplies to start cooking. I sit on a stool by the counter and watch her cook, not wanting her aunts kitchen to end up like the last time Skylar and I tried to cook together.