Chapter Four: The Truth Will be Told

Once we arrived back at our home, we were bombarded by Jace asking what had taken us so long. Fortunately, we remembered to grab dinner on our way home.
"Where were you guys and what took you so long to get back?" Jace asked speculatively. Izzy and I looked at each other speechless before we both turned away to stare at the floor. Moments passed as silence continued to fill the room while Jace waited for an answer. It wasn't long before Jace truly became impatient with us. "Alec?"
"Yeah, Jace?" I finally tore my eyes from the floor to look at him.
"What took you guys so long to get back?"
"Jace-" Izzy interjected.
"Izzy." Jace looked over at her glacially.
"Jace, we went to the park." Jace turned his heated gaze back to me. I don't know if it was the sound of my voice or the look on my face, but his cold stare melted away as quickly as it appeared..
"Why? Especially, when so much was just going on. I was worried about you. It was only a few hours ago when you fainted." I blushed before answering.
"You were worried about me?"
"Of course I was. You are my brother and parabatai."
"We just went to talk about some things because we haven't had time to have a real conversation in a long while."
"Oh...why did you feel the need to hide it."
"I don't know. I guess I was embarrassed."
"What for?"
"Needing my little sister," I stated humorously.
"Aww...Alec, I love you too!" Izzy shouted in my face before jumping on me with a hug.
"Uh...Izzy? Do you think you could let go now? Please?" I could hear my voice become more breathless as I said the last few words. I may be a demon hunter, but nothing compares to Izzy's hugs. They are killer. Izzy let go after a few seconds and stepped back. I was about to thank her for not killing me when I noticed Clary and Jocelyn were assisting Luke into the room. It looked like he was making a rapid recovery. One, even a werewolf would have extreme difficulty with. As they continued walking him to the entrance of the old cathedral, everyone tried speaking at once. I was about to tell everyone to stop speaking since it was too chaotic in the room, but Magnus appeared where Luke, Jocelyn, and Clary were just standing. Everything else in that moment vanished except for Magnus. Everyone continued to speak over each other and try to help Luke while he tried to brush them off, but the loudest thing I'm hearing is the beating of my own heart. It's almost unbearably loud, and I know why now. I've accepted it. I need to talk to Magnus, but I don't want anybody to notice. Magnus beckons me to come towards him, so I allow myself to walk over to him.
"It looks like Luke is making quite the recovery already."
"Indeed, Alec."
"Magnus-"
"Alec, may I have a moment with you?" I nervously nod my head and follow him to the Institute library. I wonder why he's calling me Alec. It's always Alexander with him.
"Magnus?"
"Yes, Alec?"
"There's a secret office behind one of the walls. Let's go in there." I lead him into the office finally feeling bold for once in my life.
"Alec?"
"Why do you keep calling me that?"
"It's your name, Alec."
"You keep speaking in monosyllables."
"Not all my words are, Alec." Magnus is testing me right now. I can see it in his eyes. If he wants to play this game then so can I.
"Magnus-"
"No, Alec. Listen to me. You need to follow your heart. Who cares what your parents-"
"Think?" I grab him and pull him towards me to latch my lips onto his before he can even react. He puts his arms around my waist while mine rest around his neck. He kisses me back with the same amount of passion I gave him. I pull away to breathe and he takes the opportunity to gaze upon my flushed features. I don't want him to say anything, so I bravely kiss him again. This time I feel his tongue brush across my bottom lip asking for entrance. I part my lips slightly and feel his tongue invade my mouth. He brushes his tongue against mine and it sends a shiver down my back. We continue to kiss until I feel the wood of the desk against my back. I gasp in surprise from the feeling of the cold on my heated body. Magnus takes the opportunity to take my shirt off, which elevates the contrast between the cold and my heat. He then lifts me up and sets me down on the desk where he continues his delicious assault with kisses all the way down my neck and chest. I moan in ecstasy from all of the foreign but very delectable kisses and small, soft bites that left my skin tingling. He pulled back to look at me, which gave me the opportunity to rip his shirt off. Before I could get my hands to move, he backed away.
"Alexander," he started to say as he began to run his fingers through his hair.
"Magnus I..." I tried to say. He raised his hand to stop me and continued to speak.
"Alexander, are you sure you want to do this. I'm not one to say this, but maybe we should take this slow." Magnus watched as Alec's facial expression slowly changed from satisfaction to disappointment.
"I am undoubtedly positive about this."
"I think your parents need to know about us first."
"That brings us back to the million dollar question. What are we?"
"I'm not sure, Alec. What do you want us to be? I surely know what I want us to be." He stated in an authoritative voice leaning against the sandstone colored wall. I shrugged and looked down at the floor. "Alec, please don't shy away. I need to know how you feel." I could hear the drops of desperation in the way he spoke his words. He really needed to know how I feel. I sigh knowing how confident I was when I lead him in here but no longer sure of myself now. I was so confident of my feelings about him, but I am now left to ponder my own thoughts and emotions once again. But, that's what always brings me to this place of uncertainty. The more I think, the further I grow away from Magnus. I hate being away from Magnus. I...I...huh...I guess I know now what I have to do.
"Magnus, I need to go. I'll come by your loft later." And with those words as my parting, I ran out of the hidden room and through the halls all the way back to the room where everyone was gathered.