1 ~ The Incident

I was broken. There was nothing else.

EREN POV

Grisha dropped me off at my new school. "Behave yourself," he told me.

"Of course." I told him before slamming the door and grabbing my bags from the trunk. I walked toward the front of the school without looking back at the man that was my father.

I eventually found my way to the boy's dorms and went up to the third floor. I walked down the hall looking for my room. I was supposed to have an older roommate.

When I found the room I took out my necklace and found the right key for the dorm. Going inside I saw a raven-haired man sleeping on one of the beds. I looked around

The room was large and very clean and organized. There were two beds on opposite walls and a double desk between them. There was also a small wooden dresser at the foot of each bed.

I went to the unoccupied bed and started to unload my bags. I made the bed with my dark blue sheets and sea green blanket and pillows. I started to unload my other things onto the desk and was soon done. I hadn't brought much. Then again, I didn't have much.

I went into the adjoining bathroom and put some of my things in there. When I went back into the room my roommate was sitting up. And hot damn he was handsome.

I realized I was staring. "I-I, My name is Eren Jaeger." He ignored me. Thoroughly embarrassed I grabbed my phone off my bed and left the room.

I went to look around the campus. As I was walking I managed to bump into someone. As I looked down at the boy that I had just knocked to the floor, he jumped up and started apologizing.

"I-I'm s-so sorry!"

"What are you apologizing for? I wasn't watching where I was going." I felt bad for accidently knocking him down. Just then I realized that I had no idea who he was. "My name is Eren, who are you?"

"O-oh! Sorry! My name is Armin." He looked rushed and more than a little flustered.

I decided to go easy on the poor boy and excused myself. "Well, I hope to see you around some Armin. Nice meeting you." After he stuttered out a good-bye I took my leave.

I wandered around campus trying to figure out where my classes would be. I saw a girl in a red scarf coming my way. That scarf looked familiar...

"Mikasa!!" I yelled. Sure enough, the girl looked in my direction. She jogged over.

"Eren?" She asked as soon as she was close enough.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed. "It's been forever!" I hadn't seen her since she had left Germany.

"Yeah..." She didn't look excited; then again, she almost never looked excited. "Would you like to get a coffee?"

Mikasa and I spent a whole hour and a half catching up before she had to go. I went back to campus. With my luck I soon heard the sounds of a fight. I ran as fast as I could.

When I got there I saw three guys who looked to be older than me, maybe juniors or sophomores, ganging up on the blond I had met earlier. The poor kid's stuff was thrown all over the ground and he had no skills. He was laying on the ground, battered and bruised.

"HEY!!" I yelled at the older guys.

They turned. "What do you want hot stuff?"

They started to come towards me. I slid my right foot back but left my hands at my sides. I could tell that this would be an easy fight. The only that worried me was the blond, he was laying still.