25: The gates of Hell

All around was still.
My breath was sucked out of my lungs and replaced with fire.

Pressure built up in my chest.
I was brought to my knees by an invisible force. My vision grew blurry from the pain. All I could think about was my dad.

How could he die so easily?
There's absolutely no way.

And my mom.
She was alone out there.
Her and the hunters, fighting who knows what.

The fire spread throughout my body.
It quickly burned through my stomach and into my throat. I gripped the soil beneath my fingers tighter.

My head tilted back, as I let out a high pitch cry. It was unlike a scream I had ever heard before.
Almost demonic behind several other cries.

The world melted away. I was sucked into a black hole.
Two figures floated towards me.

I squint my eyes to adjust to the lighting.

Lib and Vix.

My heart accelerated in my chest at the sight of them.
"Calm down." They both speak in unison.
I was frustrated.

I needed to go save my family and I'm trapped inside my mind with these two!

Vix scuffs, "Actually, time goes by slower on Earth in here. Listen we don't have much time."
"Yes," Lib adds, "you need to accept us and become who you are to unlock your true potential."
I raise a quizzical eyebrow at them.

It was then that I realized that all my life I have been running away from the person that I would become. Or at least the person that everyone thought I would become.
The truth was, I was so wrapped up in trying to please everyone, I forgot I had a say so in who I would be.

I won't hide anymore.

They reached out their hands. I took them with confidence. Light erupted from our touch.
And just like the burning feeling had came, it was gone. I was now left with a cooling sensation.

I was brought back to reality. My cries had come to an end. I rose to my feet with a new found determination. The angry wasps now morphed into butterflies. I felt as if I was floating on air as I made my way past Aramis. He had a star struck look on his face as he took in my appearance.

I caught a flicker of my reflection in his one brown eye. My hair was still a bright milky white. Except now it floated around my head as if I were in water. Black and red ribbons covered my body in complex patterns. My arms and legs were free to move without hassle.

I crouched low, slowly drawing in energy to launch me high into the sky.
My muscles rippled with new found strength as I rocketed up into the air. My wings quickly pop out. I flew like a bullet into the direction of the chaos.

I saw three demon monsters all charging towards my mother. Her head was face down while her shoulders shook, as she cried into my dads unmoving chest. I felt the swarm of angry wasp travel through my arm and out my fingertips.

I wanted to kill every one of those hideous creatures.

With that thought, I could feel my powers slipping through my body. Somehow I knew what was happening. Just as Before, my scythe appeared. It grew from my fingertips, bursting it's way into existence.
I let out a warrior cry as I sent it flying in the direction of my mother. It spun like a boomerang, sending the demons flying in the air. It quickly returned in my hands as I came down by her side.